1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Price check please?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by diesel, Jan 5, 2003.

1. diesel

diesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi,

I've finally decided to turn one of the spare bedrooms into a home cinema. I have a Sony VPL VW10HT which i bought last year for £3k as an ex-demo machine. It has 1870 hours on the bulb but I have purchased a seperate new bulb (not yet fitted).There are no dead pixels on the pj.

Altho' I havent ever set this pj up (properly anyway) it is in mint condition with all packaging,instructions, remote controls (2x) and a brand new spare bulb.

I also have a Somfy (Sp?) ceiling mount which for what it is cost me about £140!!!

What would be a realistic price to ask for this package?

I also have an unused Da-lite 16:9 Premier electric screen which is about 80" wide (have to check the exact dimensions). I also have all the I/R gubbins that I paid for extra to allow use of Pronto to raise and lower. The fabric is a copy of the greyhawk stuff that is supposed to give better contrast with CD pj's 1:1 gain or thereabouts. I dont have the box for this 'cos it was huge but it is still wrapped in protective plastic.
    I paid about £2400 for this in September 2002 and have never got round to doing anything with it.

Anyways, the point of this rather long post is to explain that now I have finally got round to setting up a dedicated room I plan to Buy a CRT pj and a screen more suited to that type of projector as I assume the grey da-lite premier isn't optimum for a CRT and I wondered if any of you chaps might be able to give me some idea of what a reasonable second hand value would be.

Thanx

:)

2. diesel

diesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Anyone? :blush:

3. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    I would guess a couple of grand. There was/is a 11ht on the forum for 2400. I would have had it last week, but alas now got my HS-10.;)

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,008
    sorry, didn;t see the bit about the screen. I dont have a clue about screens .;)

5. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Is the screen tab tensioned? If so I may be very interseted.

Thanks.

6. diesel

diesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Thanks for the reply, steve

Yes the screen is tab tensioned, forgot to mention that