Prey (ITV)

krish

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V

Prey. New drama starring John Simm - first look revealed | presscentre

Police Man, Family Man, Wanted Man.

ITV’s new high-octane three-part thriller, Prey, lead by BAFTA nominated actor John Simm.

A RED Production Company production for ITV.

Created and written by television newcomer Chris Lunt and directed by BAFTA winner Nick Murphy (The Awakening, Occupation, Blood) Prey follows the story of a man on the run, who is desperate to clear his name for the sake of his family.

Produced by Tom Sherry (Scott & Bailey, New Tricks, Murphy’s Law) and filmed on location in Manchester John plays Detective Sergeant Marcus Farrow, a well-liked copper who is wrongly accused and arrested for an inhumane crime.

Narrowly escaping police custody Farrow becomes an outlaw and begins a high-stakes game of cat and mouse across the city with Acting Detective Chief Inspector Susan Reinhardt (Rosie Cavaliero).

As a wanted killer, Farrow has few allies, however one thing is certain, for the sake of his family, Farrow is prepared to do things he never thought possible. And he won’t rest until he knows the truth.

Joining the cast alongside John Simm are Rosie Cavaliero, Craig Parkinson, Anastasia Hille and Adrian Edmondson.

Was meaning to post this earlier but forgot

John is one of those actors that I'll watch whatever he is in as there's a very high chance it's going to be great. Always loved his earlier BBC work.

John is one of those actors that I'll watch whatever he is in as there's a very high chance it's going to be great. Always loved his earlier BBC work.
Agreed. Loved him in Life on Mars!

Great actor he went to the fylde college In Blackpool ;)

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

Loved the first episode, gripping, emotional.

Is he the new Jack Bauer ... he bloody jumps, having several serious injuries already

bit of a spoiler there for those who already watched Line of Duty, i would edit the post, had i read your post before watching the episode, would of definitely made me think Dot was involved, thus ruining the surprise

Last edited:
Episode 2

Last night's episode would of gave Jack Bauer a run for his money. A cat & mouse thrilling chase that saw John Simm trying evade his pursers whilst trying to crack the case.

Did he really give up on everything the bridge or did he know exactly what he was doing...

Bit of a Line Of Duty style shocker at the end ... anyway, he's going to need some serious physio when it's all over - expect he'll be also be tasered and shot by the end

I thought the writer of this watch The Fugitive too much, it was like a low budget tv version.

I enjoyed the final, the twists came thick and fast at the end

i liked the performances, Anastasia Hille who played DCI Andrea Mackenzie was excellent

Everything on ITV after Mrs Biggs and Broadchurch is on the back foot and needs to be ace to get my praise.

This was OK, think my favourite John Sim piece is State of Play

State of play was brilliant !

ITV are considering a second series

Series 2 castings

Myanna Buring(Banished), Nathan Stewart-Jarrett (Misfits), Ralph Ineson (Game Of Thrones), Sammy Winward (Emmerdale), Philip Glenister (Mad Dogs), Kieran O’Brien (Silk) and Lisa Millet (Cucumber).

The fresh new story will follow Glenister’s prison officer David Murdoch, whose life becomes complicated after a routine visit to a Manchester hospital goes wrong.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom