Prey (Disney+) Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Been looking forward to this, since I 1st read about it being in production and tempted to watch with the commanche track.

Thanks for confirming its as good as the premise for it sounded.

Have to decide whether to watch this tonight or cach up on westworld and for all mankind tonight and leave this for tomorrow nights viewing.

I m in shock.....expected ultra garbage.
I hope i will like it this much,love franchise.

Thanks for the review Cas I wasn't aware of this movie I'm going to give it a go tonight cheers

Well if Cas rates this an 8 then it must be at least a 6.5/7 in my book.

Just doing a 4K rewatch of Cliffhanger but if i can stay awake a few more hours, i’ll watch this straight after.

Agree with an 8 Cas. I had a great time with it, and look forward to the mooted sequel. Very impressive action seqiences, and great Atmos . Easily the second best Predator flick.

Agreed with 8/10. Had some really good scenes ... especially near the end. The lead actress was very impressive ....as was the atmos soundtrack.

So it’s the Predator version of For Your Eyes Only? I’m in.

Agreed with 8/10. Had some really good scenes ... especially near the end. The lead actress was very impressive ....as was the atmos soundtrack.
Took a while to get its ducks in a row, then that last hour was full throttle all the way! Some beautiful cinematography throughout too.

Enjoyed this, helped to wipe away the monstrosity that was Shane Black's effort.

But the CGI bear was absolutely terrible 😂

What’s the score like @Casimir Harlow ? Any of the signature motifs? Or a completely new one?

What’s the score like @Casimir Harlow ? Any of the signature motifs? Or a completely new one?

Completely new, but it works, and the familiar sounds come from the Predator himself, whose signature noises play a big part in crafting a suitable atmosphere.

Just watched it now & it was excellent. I have always thought predators were great film creations but lost there way in certain films. If this is the first in a new attempt with them bring em on.

Enjoyed this, helped to wipe away the monstrosity that was Shane Black's effort.

But the CGI bear was absolutely terrible 😂
It'll be interesting to see what others think of the cg work. A few reviews had been pretty critical of it, but I had no issue with it for the most part. The scene with the bird of prey maybe could have been a bit slicker, but the rest of it (bear included) looked decent enough to me.

Not including the original, this is by far the best predator movie! Absolutely loved this and hats off to the lead, she nailed it.

Just finished the movie very impressed throughly enjoyed it we've got a new Arnie here 🤣🤣

I agree, 8/10. I was a bit unsure at first but when it starts to get going and the tension builds, it's fantastic. The ending confused me a bit but I won't get in to spoilers here.

Definitely worth a watch!

Will be watching this weekend after the terrible The Predator I’m glad they’ve managed to get back on track,now if they could just do the same to the terminator 🤞

Better than expected but the bar was seriously low. I think if this was a completely stand alone thing without prequel baggage it would have been a reasonable little sci-fi thriller, but it isn't.

It's impossible not to compare it to the original, which had in its favour a cast of memorable and quotable characters, a razor sharp script, a killer Silvestri soundtrack, an incredible ending, and frickin' Arnie. This one has, and why are native American characters always portrayed this way- a dull, overly stoic, personality free cast, a typically dull background score of noise, a plot structure which was essentially a copy of the original, and some god awful CGI. Oh and a completely anticlimactic ending. The Predator himself had more personality in the original than this bunch had in total.

But despite all that it was still entertaining enough and I thought the main actress was pretty great in the fight sequences. Give her a better script and she could be a star.

I'd give this one 6/10. Watchable but nothing special.

I agree, 8/10. I was a bit unsure at first but when it starts to get going and the tension builds, it's fantastic. The ending confused me a bit but I won't get in to spoilers here.

Definitely worth a watch!
Yeah the ending was a little odd. I guess the skull mask was somehow searching for a threat so it took out the Predator when it came into view? Bit if a design flaw there, I wonder how many Predators have inadvertantly taken themselves out when they were getting undressed before bed?

Very good movie, really enjoyed it! 8 from me too

I've got this to watch tomorrow. For me Predator, Predator 2 and Predators are where it needs to be to become a worthy addition to the series. All 3 of those for me are excellent movies in their own right. Fingers crossed :)

Just finished and even though the bar was low I still found it to be a nothing burger. It had the feel of a fan-film and I mean no disrespect to fan-films but it did not feel cinematic.

Totally dull and devoid of any personality. Nobody seems to be able to bring the Predator to life in the same way as the late Kevin Peter Hall did. He really made you believe that this thing was real and not a man in a suit.

Another pointless entry in this all but dead franchise.

Shame it’s not on at cinemas. Especially given the largely positive reviews.
Going to have to subscribe to Disney+ for a month just to watch this (as a Predator fan).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom