Prey 2 already in development

Pebb

Source: CVG

3D Realms' Scott Miller drops a minor bombshell

PC and Xbox 360 first-person shooter Prey may have only just squeezed out the sphinc-door, but the sequel is already being whipped into shape, it's emerged.

We know this, because 3D Realms' Scott Miller has revealed he's currently working on Prey 2 in an interview with Next-Gen.biz. Although not exactly spilling massive beans on the follow-up, he did at least offer up a little about design plans, explaining, "We are addressing concerns about combat, as well as adding in more gameplay innovations."

One of the criticisms levelled at Prey was that the combat system and enemy AI was somewhat mundane, so we're all for that being moulded into a - hopefully - slavering fighting beast that'll rip our guts out and dump them in a steaming pile on the floor. More on Prey 2 as we get it and let's hope it doesn't require a decade of development, like the first outing.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Proabably makes sense after seeing how popular the first one was. Let's just hope that it doesn't take as long to come around this time!

rio1981

Tejstar said:
Proabably makes sense after seeing how popular the first one was. Let's just hope that it doesn't take as long to come around this time!
And isn't as quick to finish either - I'm all for quality over quantity, but this got exchanged at Game the day after I got it :rolleyes:

Pebb

Tejstar said:
I reckon it will take more time, but the first one was delayed because of different graphic engines.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
TVR_Fan said:
I reckon it will take more time, but the first one was delayed because of different graphic engines.
But the first one was first conceived in 1996, surely it won't take another 10 years for the next one! :eek: