Previous SkyHD customer, can I get another box for £49?

zAndy1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been a SkyHD subscriber before but cancelled my whole Sky subscription in Jan this year. I'm now tempted to get SkyHD again, does anyone know if I can take advantage of the SkyHD box for £49 deal if I've previously subscribed? The website has links for 'new to Sky' and 'already with Sky' but not 'previously been with Sky' which is the category I fall into.

Cheers,
Andy

it has to be 12 months, i had an discussion about it on monday about how i had a normal box & sky+ box in the past several years ago they were my 1st box (£49 advert price) so i have to pay £199 for a multiroom box now as ive never left them.

we paid £300 in 2006 and were asked to pay £199 for a second box by Sky plus a second HD sub because these were both subsidised. :)

So I doubt it.

We declined.

Hi,
I've been a SkyHD subscriber before but cancelled my whole Sky subscription in Jan this year. I'm now tempted to get SkyHD again, does anyone know if I can take advantage of the SkyHD box for £49 deal if I've previously subscribed? The website has links for 'new to Sky' and 'already with Sky' but not 'previously been with Sky' which is the category I fall into.

Cheers,
Andy

I Can give you sky hd box for £29 and free installation all you need to do is decide which package you want and away you go :smashin:

Sounds great, do you do installations nationwide, I'm in North Lincolnshire (DN18 postcode)

Cheers
Andy

EDIT: Just checked your website and it seems you don't , maybe I'll try my local Euronics and see if I get any joy from them. Thanks for the reply anyway :thumbsup:

Not being funny here and don't take this the wrong way but this sounds like it's too good to be true! You can install Sky HD for me, charge me £29 for the box and nothing for the install (although to be fair there's nothing to do as it's all wired up from before), what's the catch :confused:

A few questions if you don't mind :-

a) How long will it take to get installed?
b) Will it be a brand new box?
c) What make of box will it be?
d) If there are any problems where do I go for help?
e) Can I pick any package?

And finally, could you do a multiroom install at the same time (just a normal Sky box or maybe Sky+) and if so how much would that cost for the box and installation (haven't decided whether I want to go down that route yet but it can't hurt to ask...)?

Cheers,
Andy

Last edited:
Not being funny here and don't take this the wrong way but this sounds like it's too good to be true! You can install Sky HD for me, charge me £29 for the box and nothing for the install (although to be fair there's nothing to do as it's all wired up from before), what's the catch :confused:

A few questions if you don't mind :-

a) How long will it take to get installed?
b) Will it be a brand new box?
c) What make of box will it be?
d) If there are any problems where do I go for help?
e) Can I pick any package?

And finally, could you do a multiroom install at the same time (just a normal Sky box or maybe Sky+) and if so how much would that cost for the box and installation (haven't decided whether I want to go down that route yet but it can't hurt to ask...)?

Cheers,
Andy

LOL, Right ok

A,The installation can be do with in 10 days of ordering the sky viewing card, (ordered by me and sent to you from sky)

B, Box will be brand new (12 months warranty

C, personally i only use the Pace boxs.

D, If you get any problems you would come to me (12 months warranty) or if its installed by another company because i dont cover your area then the company that installed it.

E, you can pick any package from sky, as you will be paying sky monthly for you subscription so what ever it costs on their website it will be the same if you have it supplied and installed from us (just the same as it would be if you brought the package from dixons currys comet etc) the only diff is you woulg get it from me.

i can do multi room the price varies on each box generally sky only give the first box as a cheap one.

The reason that independants can so it cheap is there is a lot of profit margin on it as we get commision from sky for selling theire products ( same as you get a fre hd box when you buy a tv from comet) same reason they make theire money on the tv they sold you so they swallow the £49 for the box out of their commision.

hopefully you get the idea , if it sounds to good to be true it generaly is but not this time :smashin:

Ok, I'm PM you my details and get things moving then. One thing I'm a bit concerned about is lipsync, I had it on my old Pace box that I bought from Tesco and ended up returning it because of that issue. Let's say that problem rears it's ugly head again would I be able to get a different box free of charge or would I have to pay something to get the installer out to replace it? Any chance you can tell me which installation company would be used in my area?

Cheers,
Andy

Will PM you my details

Received a 'come back for half price' leaflet in the post this morning, anyway rang Sky to see what I could get. Can get a HD box for £49 but have to pay £30 installation if I take the half price package for 6 months offer as the free installation is also an offer and I can't have 2 offers. Still not a bad deal to be honest, I reckon it works out at about £28 per month for the full package and HD (for the first 6 months). I didn't go through with it cos I'm a bit miffed about having to pay £30 for the installation when all that needs doing is the box plugging in but I'm actually quite tempted and might yet ring em back....

Well apparently sky themselves aren't that interested in getting me back, £199 is the best they can do for a HD box, cheeky buggers, especially considering I paid em £399 for my first box when it first came out! Needless to say I didn't take them up on their offer... not sure what to do now, don't really want to get a 2nd hand box in case of any lipsync problems. Might just have to forget the idea until next year now

EDIT: Rang and tried again, the reason it's coming up as £199 is because I've had SkyHD before and the previous box is on the system so it's coming up as a 2nd box and therefore I can't have an offer on it. So the fact I paid £400 for my first box when it first came out now means I have to pay £150 more than somebody who's never had a box before. It's ridiculous and I'm not bloody happy

Last edited:
I Can give you sky hd box for £29 and free installation all you need to do is decide which package you want and away you go :smashin:

hi all

i would like to recomend kieran and 1install.com who sorted me this deal out and fitted in just over a week :thumbsup:

thank you

gary

Well apparently sky themselves aren't that interested in getting me back, £199 is the best they can do for a HD box, cheeky buggers, especially considering I paid em £399 for my first box when it first came out! Needless to say I didn't take them up on their offer... not sure what to do now, don't really want to get a 2nd hand box in case of any lipsync problems. Might just have to forget the idea until next year now

EDIT: Rang and tried again, the reason it's coming up as £199 is because I've had SkyHD before and the previous box is on the system so it's coming up as a 2nd box and therefore I can't have an offer on it. So the fact I paid £400 for my first box when it first came out now means I have to pay £150 more than somebody who's never had a box before. It's ridiculous and I'm not bloody happy

sign up for it under a different name, it dosent matter whos back details are used.

I just bought a sky hd box off ebay can i just put this in place of my sky+ with out having to install a new lnb, i know i have to ring them to get the box and card paired

Kieran, can you seriously still do my a SkyHD box fitted for £29 in light of what I've posted earlier i.e. Sky won't give me a box for less than £199? Surely Sky aren't going to pay you commission (which if I understand it is the only way you can do this for £29) if you're installing it for an existing customer who's previously had SkyHD?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom