1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

previous post - yamaha without sub - sub added but set up problems - URGENT HELP ??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by samjet, Feb 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. samjet

samjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    following on from my post this am have added the sub and gone though the set up proceedure and all is seemingly ok

BUT the on screen menu will not work

after its gone through the set up i'm left with a screen on the amp which says

FRONT L .......OK

when i press select i go the the menu and choose SET - press SELECT and it reverts to auto set up!!!!!!!!!!

have tried the proceedure about 10 times and result is the same - i cannot set my settings and exit the screen

is it me or the amp????

please help

if any kind soul wants to talk me through it pm me your phone number and i can ring you

thanks

2. imichael

imichael
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Samjet, I missed this earlier. you're hitting the wrong button. Use the arrow cursor keys to scan through the settings, not the select button. (I think that's right, I'm not in front of the amp). the manual is pretty good for walking you through the basics, I did my first pass with it on my knee while I hit various bumps in the road.

Failing that, come out of the setup menu and use the level key and scan though the speaker setting with that - the cursor keys let you change db levels and sub crossover etc.