1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview edited work on television

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Gromit, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have Vegas 5 and would like to preview my edited work on my televison for reference purpose.

How would I go about doing this cheaply? I only have an old 32MB Geforce 2 MX graphic card. Would a TV in/out tuner card do?

The best option would be to buy a Canopus ADVC-110 Digital Video Converter, which is the best one to get. However, this one is fairly expensive.

Would also love to have two CRT monitoirs when editing, but this requires a dual-head graphic card.

I would sincerely appreciate any help in this matter.

Regards,
    Gromit

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    If you want to do it from the timeline you will have to use the firwire out to a digital analogue converter (like the Canopus) or pass through on your camcorder if it does it, then into your monitor.

The 110 (formerly 100) & above are bi-directional , the 50 is only analogue to digital.

3. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    So if I was to buy the Canopus ADVC-110 Digital Video Converter, would it work here if I bought from the US... since it´s cheaper over there?

What mean is it 110 - 240 V compatible?

4. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It's 100-240v & the UK version comes supplied with an appropraite AC adaptor.

The manual will state only the supplied adaptor should be used & then there is warranty considerations if purchasing from USA

5. Gromit

Gromit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Thanks, for the info.

Anyway, I own a several US step up/down voltage converter. I guess, I´ll be safe in case I buy one from the US.