Preview Archos AV700 dual Dvb-T tuners WOW!!

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by DrPepper, Mar 17, 2006.

1. DrPepper

DrPepper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
  2. beerhunter

beerhunter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +740
    Wow you are bitter. So much so you sound like you work for News International. I have both and so feel qualified to comment.

Sky works well enough but is very proprietry and so has a tendency to be what NI wants it to be. For instance I don't like the programme bundling which is, in my opinion, close to being 'In Restraint of Trade'.

NTL the most powerful of the cable companies has been a basket case for years partly, in my opinion, because some one appeared to run it as his own Fiefdom. They spent so much time taking over other businesses they neglected to run the one that they had. So they failed by playing catchup to Sky instead of making use of the huge upstream bandwidth that Sky didn't have. I speak from experience of trying to work with them.

On Digital was worse.

Freeview works well enough too BUT you can't compare the costs of a free service to one that takes at least £15.00 (but mostly more) from every sunscriber - of course they can afford to subsidise the installation etc. Bliimey King Gillette figured that one out dokeys years ago, when he realised that the money was in the blades not the razors.

3. unheardof

unheardof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1

Sounds like a plant. Work for SKY by any chance?

DTT / Freeview works like a dream in my area. We fitted a £20 aerial and have had zero problems. And we aren't supposed to be able to receive DTT.

SKY has more than its fair share of problems. I've heard and seen pretty much the opposite to you regarding SKY. Woeful customer service, over priced restricting packages, bad quality properity receivers, slow / clunky EPG, bad installations, repeats, low bitrates, having to pay a subsciption to use SKY+ services and on and on and on.

It is FAR from being perfect.