Preventing plasma burn with the Aquarium Screensaver

S

sberemski

I have a P434HDE which is mainly used for HTPC functions at the moment. I have set the Aquarium screen saver ( the really high quality one):

Is this a good screen saver for preventing plasmaburn and generally keeping the screen lagg free?

J

jmack

do the coral and sand stay static? then these will burn in, time amount before this happens? know one knows.

i have a aquarium dvd and there is an option to zoom on a fish/follow a fish . so everything on the screen is constantly moving

S

sberemski

There is a shimmering effect on the corals. Also the corals fade to black (ehm...) every few minutes or so as the lighting in the tank changes. What screen saver would you recommend that looks cool but is safe for a plasma?

Jasonjo

Something with moving images and no static content would be ideal. I bought the 'Instant Ambient Water' DVD for a bit of fun from here:

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=10570

It has some really nice 'moving ink' images which contain no static images and shows plasma colours really well :smashin:

God, look just how sad have these forums made me... :rotfl: :suicide:

JJ

S

sberemski

Originally posted by jamster
is the best screen saver not just zero signal ie snow????
Yes but that doesnt look to nice does it? I can justify to my self paying 15 quid for a DVD with water effects. I guess I havnt been on these forums enough....:rolleyes: :lesson: :rolleyes:

J

jamster

or you could always just turn it off???

Suppose if you use the screen saver thingy all the time you'll burn into the 30K hours at some increased rate? Life expectancy < 10 years for 60hours per week?

cjdshaw

Standard Member
If you set your output resolution to a widescreen format, like 1365x768, it is. It doesn't understand non-square pixels, but then neither does most Windows stuff.

U

Uzey

Good screensaver = No pixel holds a static image for long, also changing colours/brightnesses at every part of the screen will help.

ASH1

Originally posted by Jasonjo
Something with moving images and no static content would be ideal. I bought the 'Instant Ambient Water' DVD for a bit of fun from here:

http://www.boysstuff.co.uk/product.asp?id=10570

It has some really nice 'moving ink' images which contain no static images and shows plasma colours really well :smashin:

God, look just how sad have these forums made me... :rotfl: :suicide:

JJ
Hi JJ, I'm intrested in this (sad I know) any chance of you posting some pitures of it in action.

ASH1:smashin:

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
on the aquarium screensaver, I think you can adjust the foreground and background lights separately, and stop them autocycling, so you should be able to have a completely black background with no coral at all.

Having said that, I'm going to start a saddo screensaver thread :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom