• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pretty please need some advice on mini-systems!

A

Alicia

Hey,

So hearing good things about the Denon mini-systems, Superfi have got the DM33 + speakers at a reasonable price,

But i dunno, what do you lot reckon - they also go an ONKYO CR505 at £169.95 (ex-display, i think)

Ideas and advice would be good - price range no more than £300 with speaker

thanks xx

Cable Monkey

Prominent Member
The Denon is as good as it gets. Others will match the Denon on functionality and sound good and it may be worth pursuing these at discounted pricing to obtain maximum VFM. Onkyo make good stuff in this class as do Yamaha so keep an eye open for them. The Onkyo you mention is B grade and that could be opened/returned/damaged. The choice is yours.

andye2004

Established Member
I have the older Denon DM31 and cannot fault it - well maybe the bog standard speakers could be bettered but other than that it is fantastic for what it is. Another you could look at is the TEAC reference 300 and 500 ranges, I've heard the 300 and it sounds pretty good teamed up with MS902's I think they were.

EDIT : Apologies it wasn't a reference 300 but a reference 250. Code is CRH250.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom