1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pretty please, Need cheap screen ideas ....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Feersum enjinn, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Feersum enjinn

Feersum enjinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK i am going to jump the gun and buy my first projector, the Panasonic PT AE100 for £1219 incl vat as advertised on top of this forum. Thats all my cash gone *sobs* so now i need to - at least for in the short term, find some way of receiving a picture the cheapest as possible.

I will improvise for now (and change it later) i will want a 6 foot+ screen - and i am thinking of either painting, or buying some material to stretch on my wall.

(1) Do i go for plain, smooth white for the material
    (2) Or do i go for a slight grey tint, or a slightly 'rough' material.
    (3) If i paint the wall area what type of paint/colour do i use (i will ensure a smooth surface of course). I will probaly put some curtains over the painted area perhaps.

I know this is not a good way of doing things, but for now its gonna have to do :) - any advice whatsoever would be very helpful.

Regards

2. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There are LOADS of threads about this - one just below here - see Gary's contribution in this thread , plus plenty of stuff in the DIY forum.

Basically, either get a lump of MDF and paint it, or make a frame and use white blackout curtain material.

The consensus seems to be a light grey paint is best - do a search for "Icestorm" (a Dulux colour name) - either 5 or 6 seem to be the ones to choose.

3. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +313
    Look here prolly the cheapest electric screen you will find:
    http://www.a-v.com/

Please note the above site is no longer Projector Vision which is in receivership.
    The site has been bought by Marcom Systems who have 27 years experience in the AV industry.