• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Pressure...

a l e x

Distinguished Member
Evening all,

Just checked tyres on my car as we have a long drive at the weekend. The sticker on the door gives pressures for 3 people and a bag or 5 people and 3 bags... there's 4 of us and a couple of bags... am I best to put more or less in?! There's usually only 2 of us in the car so put in the lower amount but wondering if they should be higher?

I checked the tread depth and 3 wheels are ok with 5/6mm, the front drivers side is much lower... 3 on the outside and nearer 4 in the middle... what would cause this?!

Thanks.

djbsom

Prominent Member
Evening all,

Just checked tyres on my car as we have a long drive at the weekend. The sticker on the door gives pressures for 3 people and a bag or 5 people and 3 bags... there's 4 of us and a couple of bags... am I best to put more or less in?! There's usually only 2 of us in the car so put in the lower amount but wondering if they should be higher?

I checked the tread depth and 3 wheels are ok with 5/6mm, the front drivers side is much lower... 3 on the outside and nearer 4 in the middle... what would cause this?!

Thanks.
Hi. Firstly the pressures.
You're about right with the pressures according to the schematics on the door jam. Generally you would raise the pressures slightly if you're off on a decent journey but not many people do.
Secondly the tyre wear.
Too high pressure results in the centre wearing down first whilst too low pressure results in the edges wearing down first.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom