"press i" go away

puc

Established Member
Reaction score
hi

i have a digihome pvr80 (great reliable unit) that displays the "press i" logo in the upper right corner whenever a bbc news program is on. i find it very distracting. i can use the green button to clear it but this is only a temporary fix as the prompt reappears.

does anyone know of a way of permanently blocking this logo? glad i havnt got a plasma as i'm certain this would have caused some screen burn.

thanks all

The only way to disable it will be if you have an option in the settings menu to 'turn off interactive'. Then the interactive functions of DVB only load when you press red and the 'press i' will not appear on screen. However, with interactive off - when you change to a radio station you will be faced with a blank sceen.

ta for the reply

but a blank screen when you choose a radio channel has got to be a good thing.

Press green or watch it recorded a second behind live

Hi

i have a digihome pvr80 (great reliable unit) that displays the "press i" logo in the upper right corner whenever a bbc news program is on. i find it very distracting. i can use the green button to clear it but this is only a temporary fix as the prompt reappears.

Log a complaint with the BBC Duty Office.

I see no reason whatsoever why they have to keep plugging this "Press Red" rubbish, it's only teletext with updated graphics at the end of the day! If I am already watching the news why should I want to go "interactive" to read the news!

It should be on a very short time out (surely that's enough) or not shown at all. We pay a licence fee, it's about time the BBC realised that and listened to their customers in my view. As for logo's and next banners now creeping into BBC 3 and above, don't get me started :mad:

Regards

Phil

The Topfield PVR has an interactive off feature. Do any other Freeview STBs/PVRs offer the same feature?

Richard

Hi

The Humax doesn't have interactive off, however unlike most DVD Recorders with Freeview, PVRs record the channel data minus the interactive press Red data streams, so recordings are guaranteed free of interactive messages.

Virtually everything we watch is recorded now so we don't see stupid interactive messages anymore, except for live TV while watching the news but at least you can press Green.

Regards

Phil

I'm a little surprised that people should be so concerned about the quite small "press red" sign on BBC News 24. What bother me far more are the text lines running along the bottom of the screen, and the "Breaking News" panel immediately above. These take up so much screen space that frequently crucial OB visual images - and surely images are what TV should be about - are obscured. Moreover, this text info usually simply duplicates what is on the news proper; and, of course, exactly the same info is also available on interactive by pressing the red button.

Hi

I quite agree and for that reason never watch News24, it's just too busy, am I supposed to be reading something, watching something, or listening to something? I only watch the main news on BBC1 but that still has the daft interactive message.

Regards

Phil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom