• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Presentation/business PJ recommendations?

Stinja

Distinguished Member
So looking for recommendations on a non-home theatre PJ, yes i know this isnt quite the place to ask, ive searched the previous topics, but thought id ask again...

So looking for something cheap (£300-400), bright, 4:3 is fine, image quality way down the list of needs. Projecting onto white screens, probably need a shortish throw distance, lots of ambient light. Will be used for Powerpoint/Keynote presentations.

I saw the Sanyo XW200 mentioned, which seems to tick most boxes, just wondering if the lumins is enough? Sanyo PLC-XW200 projector from Ivojo Multimedia Ltd. Audio/Visual equipment online store.

So any other thoughts or recommendations?

yshaikh01

Standard Member
Hi
I am in a very similar position, any recommendations/advice would be appreciated.
Also one more question SVGA or XGA?

Thanks

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
I think the reason for no replies guy's is that this is a "Home Cinema" forum. Some people do buy business/multi media for home cinema use but they are not the ones with the 'knowledge'. Sorry

ard126k

Established Member
I used to work in education buying projectors for presentations, so although I'm not familiar with today's models I can say that NEC, Mitsubishi and Sanyo were my favourite makes.

4:3 and XGA is absolutely fine, you can always set a PC to match the resolution of the projector. Don't get obsessed with lumen count, there are many different ways to measure these. Do get a demo of the projector if you can, in the conditions where it will be used.

Happy hunting

Alex.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom