Prescott- now I feel safe (not!)

C

CogPaul

Just witnessed another magnificent media performance on SKY from our beloved Deputy Prime Minister- wow I feel so safe and secure knowing this charismatic, gifted man is running things- what a complete and utter waste of space the man is. If he is going to liase with community leaders we might as well prepare for an outbreak of autumn riots this year!

Most media outlets say it's actually the Home Sec (he's chaired all 3 Cobra meetings, with Prezza only at the last one, and not the chair), and Prezza is merely keeping up appearences

More to the point, the reason Blair is still sunning himself is....??? Israel and a terrorist plot not enough?

It's very very embarrassing, I mean we are showing the international community that our 'second best' politician (not my choce) has an IQ of about 10 and looks like Jabba the Hut....

I must be the only person in this forum who thinks he is ok:confused: A battler if ever I saw one who'll take no **** from anyone

la gran siete said:
I must be the only person in this nation who thinks he is ok:confused: A battler if ever I saw one who'll take no **** from anyone

Quote edited for accuracy ;)

la gran siete said:
I must be the only person in this forum who thinks he is ok:confused: A battler if ever I saw one who'll take no **** from anyone
No, not really Siete. He has plumetted in my estimation in terms of his personal integrity, but having seen him win a battle of words with Bernard Ingham no less, he's hardly the 'thick fattie' that the press, and hence those who reason via the tabloids (although they hotly deny it), claim he is.

I for one won't be losing any sleep while he's in temporary charge.

If you are refering to that "affair" he had OK, at least e admitted he was in the wrong over it but then like the French I regard it as a persomnl matter and of no concern to the rest of us.
The reason i stick up for him is that there is a huge a mount of snobbery aimed at him from the media, the opposition and people gho should know better. H e came form nothing, having failed his 11 plus, worked his way up went to Hull uni and got to where he is today never being anything other than himself. No sides to him!The more people have a go the more obdurate he becomes which shows he has a bit of the dog in him:thumbsup:
As for some of indiscretions -two jags etc, well none of us is perfect!

It's a shame that so many people are happy being force fed opinions by the tabloids.

Personally I think that Prescott would make a better job of talking to community leaders than would Blair as at least he seems to live in the real world.

A born again Christian neo-con in charge of any country is without doubt a terrifying prospect- but hang on a minute isn't that what we normally already have?

Ita amasing how no one ever mentions anything about his record in office which I understand he is quite proud of

la gran siete said:
Ita amasing how no one ever mentions anything about his record in office which I understand he is quite proud of

What record?What are his achievements?Not having a go,just interested.:confused:

for the record he lost 50pounds ...not lbs actual £. he called Mi5 to retrieve the money but they could not find it either

LFC_SL said:
More to the point, the reason Blair is still sunning himself is....??? Israel and a terrorist plot not enough?

There will always be some sort of crisis that we in the public do or do not know about, does this mean that Tony Blair should never go on holiday? Just do his whole ten year stint nailed to his office chair?

Give the guy a break, he works about twelve hours a day, seven days a week. Personally I would rather he took a few weeks off to chill than have a prime minister who has not had a chance to de-stress and relax over the summer, after all the guy has to run a country of over 60 million people.

Just how narrow minded are you LFC? I suppose you have never took time off for a holiday?

robfjonesuk said:
There will always be some sort of crisis that we in the public do or do not know about, does this mean that Tony Blair should never go on holiday? Just do his whole ten year stint nailed to his office chair?

Give the guy a break, he works about twelve hours a day, seven days a week. Personally I would rather he took a few weeks off to chill than have a prime minister who has not had a chance to de-stress and relax over the summer, after all the guy has to run a country of over 60 million people.

Just how narrow minded are you LFC? I suppose you have never took time off for a holiday?

AGREED!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom