1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

preparing to hook my HC kit up?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Help, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Help

Help

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have recently bought the Velodyne VX-10 sub and a Tosh SD300 dvd player. I am picking up Five Mark 2 KEF eggs next week and also a Denon 1803 amp. My question is what cables will I need to hook it all up?

I have a Scorpion digital coaxial cable and sub cable on order, and I know I'll need speaker wire. Is there anything else that I will need?

thanks in advance

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    With the equipment you have listed, the cables on order (plus speaker cable) you will have just about all you need (except power cables :clown: ).
    If you want to play CD's on your DVD you might want to get a sterio pair of phono leads, or you could just stick with the digital lead. The choice is yours.
    If you have a nicam VCR &/or TV then you might also want a sterio pair of phonos to go from one or both of them to get the sound out your speakers in Dolby Pro Logic I/II.
    Other than that its just getting cables as and when you plug any other equipment in.

Mark.

3. Help

Help

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers that's a relief. I'm not too bothered about music or the video, so looks like I am set.