• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Preout from Denon to Input of SLP05

kanchi647

Novice Member
I just got Conrad Johnson LP260SE monoblock amplifiers.
I have an integrated denon X6400H which takes phono input. My question is can I connect the pre-outs of Denon X6400h to Cary SLP 05 inputs or should I go directly to CJ LP260Ms.
I do not have a separate phonostage.

I was originally looking at Cary SLP98 which has a phonostage and then bought SLP 05 which does not have a phonostage. I did not know that SLP05 did not have a phonostage when I bought it. Can I use the phono inputs on Denon and use preouts to connect to SLP05 (any pros or cons) or should I connect the preouts from Denon directly to the CJ LP260.

Also need some recs for a Phonostage for the above setup.

Thanks

gibbsy

You can connect the zone 2 or zone 3 RCA out to the amp from the receiver. The phono stage on the Denon is MM. If you want the best stereo performance I would go direct to the amp though. I'm not too fond of Denon music prowess.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom