Preorders and Deliveries

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So it's just over 2w away for The Release. I am highly anticipating this game, far in excess of my interest level in that little game named GTAIV. But I just recently realised that the release date, Friday 23rd May is the gateway to a long bank holiday w/e. So if my game and instruments don't arrive in time, I'm looking at a wait until at least Tuesday before I can start my drumming career.

Normally this wouldn't bother me - it comes when it comes - but my interest level for Rock Band is somewhere else. I'm starting to think that if I can at least guarantee getting the game on its own, at least I'll be able to play guitar with my GH3 guitar. Rock Band with guitar == happy enough Tufty for a few days.

I've currently got the game and the BiaB pre-ordered with Play.com. However, I don't trust the mail to be quick enough to get the game to me from Jersey. So I'm thinking I'll cancel the game and instead order it from ShopTo.net whom I trust to be quick and efficient. Game too, but not at £50!

I have no idea how long the BiaB will take to arrive. I think I may just hope for the best there because Play's price (including coupon and quidco) is fairly attractive compared to the likes of Amazon (with whom I have more confidence that I'd get the BiaB before the w/e). Also, I'd imagine they have UK distribution for bulky packages, or am I wrong there? Anyway, I have higher hopes that a bulky package might arrive sooner actually.

Summary:
- The game itself, guaranteed before the w/e => ShopTo.
- BiaB, hope for the best and save some £££s with Play.

What 'analysis' have you guys performed based upon your own needs/level of interest?

I guess this thread duplicates some discussion in the main Rock Band thread, but this seemed like a suitable topic for separate discussion. It's certainly one that fascinates me due to my own self generated hype. It's really important to me to get the game ASAP, I'm somewhat ashamed to admit.

I have spoken to Play already about this and all the BIAB are being sent royal mail special delievry with the aim to have all preorders completed by friday 23rd

Gamestation high street credit - store not supplying any info about release! :thumbsdow Annoying!

I have preordered BiaB from Play.com using the voucher, might preorder Game from Shopto, as its cheapest and always comes early! Still gonna wait on Gamestation, but not holding my breath anymore! Usless shop!

Dont forget to check out the prices for everything I've found so far on the buy/preorder thread! Most are still the same I think! If any others are found, post em up! :smashin:

I don't trust the mail to be quick enough to get the game to me from Jersey.

Interestingly, the last big item I had from Play was shipped from mainland UK. I dont know if this is a permanent change Play have made to maybe reduce postage costs and improve deliveries.

I have spoken to Play already about this and all the BIAB are being sent royal mail special delievry with the aim to have all preorders completed by friday 23rd

I didn't know that, but that's very interesting to hear. As soon as I get or see the 'shipped' status on my order, I'm going to be waiting at my front door the very next day. Sweet. That actually gives me a lot more hope in getting the BiaB on the Friday at the latest. Thanks.

Mattk84 said:
Interestingly, the last big item I had from Play was shipped from mainland UK.

Yonks ago when I ordered a PSP from Play, it too came from mainland UK. But I'm assuming the game DVD on its own will ship as usual from Jersey and hence I can't be sure it'll definitely arrive in time. The game disc is the absolute minimum I want for that b/h w/e. I silently laughed at all the peeps gagging for their GTA4, but look at me now: Rock Band all the way, baby!

Chrispy said:
I have preordered BiaB from Play.com using the voucher, might preorder Game from Shopto, as its cheapest and always comes early!

Same plan as me then. I think you win the award for highest levels of anticipation, but I'm not far behind you!

My preorder is with Play so I am hoping and praying to the Rock Gods that I will get it on the friday...

Pre-ordered mine with Blockbuster. Only got prices for the game itself yet but hey....i'll pay more in store if it means having for the BE WE!!!!:thumbsup:

Greasychipbutty, I've read that your getting this game from Blockbusters 4 times tonight! :rolleyes: I'll be having dreams about it!!! Glad your as excited as the rest of us though, it'll be killer!!

Asked in Gamestation today, and the guys said they could take a preorder now for it, but I'm looking at full RRP, and when I asked about switching the wired for a wireless on launch day, he said he didnt really know how much I'd get for the wired, but it probably wouldnt be much, as its just a 'peripheral'!

Jeepers, no matter where I buy this I'm looking at a hefty bit of money spent in order to get the kit I want!! :suicide:

Got carried away Chrispy...just wanted to share the joy!
Been reading the site for a few weeks now and just couldn't help but get involved. Had to order mine locally as me and 3 mates have booked Friday off work to rock out!
Couldn't risk orderin online and it not turnin up...how bad would i feel?!?!?
Can't name where from but after a couple of dodgy conversations last night, i'm collecting from a shop Thursday afternoon. Game only though but hey....one day less to wait.
:clap:

Bumping this thread so all the Preorder and delivery talk can go in here as the general thread is getting bloated with it :smashin:

Bumping this thread so all the Preorder and delivery talk can go in here as the general thread is getting bloated with it :smashin:

Good plan. I do normally like to keep the "mine's shipped," "it didn't arrive!", "my status has changed," posts away from the useful content, although I do have a higher interest this time round myself.

.... news just in .... just had an email from PLAY to say my BiaB has been posted.

:thumbsup::clap:

:arty:

.... news just in .... just had an email from PLAY to say my BiaB has been posted.

:thumbsup::clap:

:arty:

Do you think it will be posted from within the UK (not Jersey)?. So you may have it tomorrow then?

Do you think it will be posted from within the UK (not Jersey)?. So you may have it tomorrow then?

It's coming via Parcelforce (I have a tracking number, but not yet showing anything) so I assume from within the UK.

It's coming via Parcelforce (I have a tracking number, but not yet showing anything) so I assume from within the UK.

Probably wont show anything till late tonight or early tomorrow morning. But by the look's of it your getting it tomorrow. :eek:

I got the same email!!!!

music001.gif

I doubt it'll be anywhere near us tomorrow, it says 3-5 days delivery, I'm just hoping for a Friday delivery! Would be nice on Thursday cos I can relax then, but dont hold out hoppe for tomorrow!

On another note, my shopto solus game hasnt been posted yet! I havent had an email from them, or any sign of things either!! Anyone had a shopto order budge yet? Just for the game!

Probably wont show anything till late tonight or early tomorrow morning. But by the look's of it your getting it tomorrow. :eek:

Yes, but without the game!! I suppose I'll have time to construct the drums and get the drum pad silencers I bought fitted.

I imagine it will be a Friday delivery like they did with Halo Legendary Edition but heres hoping (obviously I got the same email :thumbsup:).

my instruments have been posted, but game is still on order placed.

Total undies if I dont get it on friday

Still nothing on the ShopTo front, still I guess I am being optimistic as for a launch delivery they wouldnt need to start processing it until Thursday at the last [though I've only ordered the Solus edition] - anyone else waiting on ShopTo?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom