1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preorder of the HD5H from stoneaudio.co.uk

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Oliie_D, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Oliie_D

Oliie_D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone else on here preordered the HD5H from stoneaudio? I got an update e-mail from them today, and they still don't have a definate date when they'll recieve it. Only says about 7-10 days, does anyone know a more definate date?

2. MR2Harvey

MR2Harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi Oliie,

No I don't but I did phone them up and they told me that they were expecting a shipment into Sony UK last week. They also said that they get deliveries on a Wednesday. When I phoned the delivery date was still unconfirmed. So the earliest it will be is delivered to them next Wednesday, however I'm wondering if Sony UK will release any more players until the cracking button problem is solved?

3. booges

booges

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Guys,
    Stone Audio have told me 7 to 10 days twice now.. Its abit annoying coz I know Sony Style are selling them already... Amazon has a date of the 20th so hopefully it will be the same..
    Perhaps they are holding them back until the problems with the cracking buttons are sorted.. I know wishful thinking....

4. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,230
    yes...call me cynical but are Sony giving themselves a head start?!

5. BROUGHCUT

BROUGHCUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.pixmania.co.uk have all three colours in stock still. My red HD5 arrived in two days (on Friday, Parcelforce). One thing: despite ordering on the UK site, I think it shipped from France, as it has a EU 2-prong plug which needs a UK adapter (you can charge the unit via usb so this is not really an issue for me). I don't know if this was an oversight on Pixmania's part or not, but I still have no hesitation recommending them. BTW anyone know if the Japan models were made in Malaysia? Just curious.

6. Stuart P

Stuart P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    yeah got mine from pixmania too - came with the same plug, not a problem for me either.

pixmania are based in france so all products will come supplied with the 2-pin plug. how much of a problem that is for individuals, only they can decide. but for quick delivery, cheap prices & real time tracking, go with pixmania

stuart

7. KeanosMagicHat

KeanosMagicHat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +554
    Pixmania .... as there are two such glowing references above I feel I should even the score a little.

I ordered an external HD off these rogues on the basis that they had it "In Stock".

As soon as they took my credit card details on the 'net this changed to 7-10 days.

I'd already checked so I knew I could get it somewhere else ex-stock for £2.00 more so I cancelled the order (this was less than 30 mins after I had placed it - and on a Saturday).

Anyway they ignored the request for cancellation and about three others and shipped the item that Thursday.

I didn't sign for it and sent it straight back, that was on the 27th April and they STILL have my money.

F****** T****** !!!

On the subject of the thread, Sony Style have had no stock since Monday and having checked just now that is still the case.

Without Prejudice

8. BROUGHCUT

BROUGHCUT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Give them a week and then tell your credit card company to issue a chargeback.