1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PREORDER my 360

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by tim k, Aug 24, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As an absolute XBOX Devout fan im gutted to hear most places have run out of their first allocation for guaranteed supply on nov 29th. Is there anywhere i can pre-order (ideally with a small deposit or no deposit!) to guarantee to me a week off work on the 29th!!

2. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    try hmv.co.uk or play.com

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think you have to pay in full, thats a damn good 3 month loan they'll get, anywhere else guaranteed that doesnt make u pay in full

4. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    I doubt anywhere should ask you to pay in full, I've never seen a shop or a website that would make you do that! Are you looking to pre-order in a shop or on the internet?

5. jerkyboy

jerkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Play.com dont charge until the item is shipped.

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    I ordered one through amazon - they also don't take payment until the item is dispatched. :smashin:

7. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    ditto, ive also used amazon because the warehouse is literally on my doorstep so when ever i pre-order something its at my door at 9am first thing on release day !! they havnt let me down in previous pre-orders inc big ones like 24 season 4 and 3 copies of Harry potter book 6 were at my door at 9:03am day of release :D im fairly confident i will get mine on the day but if i dont thats life aint it

8. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i was weary of entering my card details, but as you say on play.com it didnt take the full amount yet.

i wonder if we should get a few pre-ordered from across the net. surely these are gunna sell like hot cakes if they are in ltd supply for christmas?

9. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can someone please confirm if play.com or amazon take the payment before november. i dont want to shell out 280 just yet, well i cant tbh!! someone just posted sayin that play.com declined his payment for the 280 package. whats going on!

10. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Well play.com haven't taken the money for my order and gameplay.com haven't taken any money yet either. Both of these retailers will only charge when an item ships.

11. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,365
    I have ordered in the past from both Play and Amazon and I have never had money taken from my account before the order is ready for shipping. In fact I know of nowhere where they do that.

12. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I can only think of cdwow.com who take money at the time of ordering.

13. locky79

locky79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    strange :/ my company has said anything about stock been already booked up :eek:

well i know Game are still taking them as i have yet to recieve any details from head office about not taking them.

we are only allowed to buy 2 :( with staff discounts but customers can buy 3 :)

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    :smashin:

15. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,273
    Most if not all online retailers will ask you to input your credit/debit card details when you pre-order but this doesnt mean they will charge you now, they wont take a penny until release day unless they state on their site that they charge at the time of placing an order like Loaded247 or CDWow do.

16. Colgate7110

Colgate7110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Hi guys, this seems to a popular topic in the forums so I've sucked it into the FAQ :)

17. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,416
    DVDSoon spring to mind :mad: :devil: :mad: :devil:

18. Jwarl

Jwarl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am surprised at the queries regarding Play's charging system. They never charge until shipment (like Amazon). Do you people really buy from the High Street???

One interesting point is that neither site is showing any information about quotas. I am sure that they must already have sold their initial shipment by now as it is now 8 days since the 360 became available. I wonder if they plan to actually post some info soon about expected deliveries - I would be annoyed if I ordered expecting delivery on the 29th Nov and didn't receive it until after Xmas.

19. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Just managed to order XBOX360 & 2 games via PLAY.com so they are still taking pre-orders. Obviously, this does not guarantee that i (or anybody else) will get one before Christmas but, hey, that's life...
    They can't supply what they don't have, and anyway, should we all not be used to this kind of thing in the world of consoles? It's been happening for years!

20. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    play.com actually took some pre-orders back in may, I ordered one with them on the 27th when they were showing it for £399. After a couple of days it then went to showing as not yet available. The people that pre-ordered during that period have had their orders updated to the premium pack at the correct price and I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had got rid of most if not all of their allocation during that initial order period.

To be honest I never really trusted that they would get it with me for launch day, so I have also ordered with gameplay.com :) If I end up with two, I have a few mates who will buy it, if not there will always be ebay if short supply occurs.

21. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Just pre-ordered two from dixon's ( glasgow ) and the bloke said they have still got plenty left.
    £ 20 deposit for one... :smashin:

22. xxnoelziexx

xxnoelziexx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.game.net
    Preordered mine on 20 August 2005

Xbox 360 Console 279.99 Package with the 20gb HD and extras.
    Xbox 360 Wireless Controller £32.99
    Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit £14.99
    Perfect Dark Zero release date still to be confirmed. £44.99
    Free delivery

As for games If Perfect dark isn't realeased on day one I will just go to my local game shop and pick a game up. Just glade I will be getting my console launch day and before Christmas.

Bought loads of things from them in the past an know payment is only taken once ready to ship.

Just went back today and check to see if they had any news on the games for example and see the below note. They still seem to be taking orders for first batch on the core system one without the HD and wireless pad.

IF I ORDER NOW AM I GUARANTEED A CONSOLE FOR LAUNCH / CHRISTMAS?
    Unfortunately not - demand for Xbox 360 has been phenomenal. We have now sold out of our expected first allocation and are unable to promise delivery before Christmas if you place an order after 14:30 on 22nd August 2005. It’s always possible we will still be able to secure you a unit for launch, but unless we are 100% confident we are not willing to make you that promise.

I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED - CAN YOU GUARANTEE DELIVERY FOR LAUNCH DAY?
    If you ordered before 14:30 on 22nd August 2005 then, essentially, yes. But we can only guarantee this as much as anyone can guarantee anything - it's never going to be cast-iron. So, allowing for acts of God or alien invasion, then yes. We're gamers too, and understand why you want it on day of release (believe us, we do as well) - and we will do everything in our considerable power to get it to you in time. Our track record on preorder delivery, especially when it comes to new hardware launches, is untouchable.

23. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,273
    You might not know this but that company is who alot of people have pre-ordered with, its just that when mentioning it on the fourm I and others have called it just Game or Game.uk.com. You also might want to check out the ongoing threads as the info about them running out of their first allocation was posted on the forum last monday.

I pre-ordered mine from them on the 17th about 4 hours after they put up the XBox 360 on their website.

24. Xbox360_Junkie

Xbox360_Junkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya people...

I recently pre-ordered my Xbox 360 from my local GAME retail store, if I can remember correctly; I am number 38 in the queuing system. However, I did pay a deposit of £20 cash. The two gentlemen who served me in the store said I was unofficially guaranteed my package (not the CORE system) for their first shipment around November time, approximately.

I looked around the internet for you, and located several online stores where you can now pre-order your Xbox 360 console. Here is the list:

www.game.net
    www.amazon.co.uk
    www.comet.co.uk
    www.hmv.co.uk
    www.gamestation.co.uk
    www.dixons.co.uk

I hope this helps

Regards

Jay :clap:

25. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,273
    If you want it for launch day though, Game online is no longer any good as you had to have your pre-order in before 2:30pm last Monday

Amazon have now also put up a warning so it seems most if not all places will soon have sold out of their launch allocation.

26. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Those are only expected launch allocations as numbers haven't been determined yet. It certainly doesn't look good for people ordering now though.

27. MartinH32

MartinH32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Be careful with Comet. I pre-ordered a 360 and then got a letter saying that I had ordered a Sony PSP!!!

So, I phoned them, they confirmed I had ordered a 360. Then got a call later saying the PSP is about to be released and they are going to debit my card. The words 'as much use as a chocolate fire gaurd spring to mind'.

So, I shall see if by the weekend, what I get!!!! and if at the end of November I do not get my 360, they will have hell to pay!!!

28. apatia77

apatia77
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has any of you got an emal from play.com

Dear xxx

Thank you for your recent order with Play.com.

At Play.com, we value your custom and take your online security very
    seriously. With this in mind we have an additional security check in place
    for high value orders.

To perform this check we ask that you contact our Large Order Department
    on 0845 800 1020 ( UK only ) or +44 (0)1534 877 595 ( outside UK ). Please
    have the card registered on the account to hand so that we can process
    your order as quickly as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you
    and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards

Play

ive ordered alot of games+dvds from them, why should i call them just to confirm it, this is soo stupid,

EDIT: Just gave them a call and its all sorted now.

29. chrismya

chrismya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    ok so i got my gf to preorder my xbox 360 from game on the 18th when she came back on my reseat it said CORE ??? so i phoned game and told them that i wanted the £279 one ! over the phone the guy at game told me that it was ok cos on the computer at the store it was saying that i had the £279 prorded . but i still wasnt happy so i ask him if i could come up and change the reseat so my gf went up on sunday there to change it ? ok still with me !!!! do u guys think i have lost my place in the Q

P.S SORRY FOR THE SPELLING IAM DISLEXIC :thumbsup: :oops:

30. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,273
    If he says the original pre-order was for the £279.99 version then you will still have the same pre-order place, if you cancelled the original and pre-ordered again then you will have lost it.