1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preojector mounted with a downwards tilt?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by glimball, Nov 25, 2004.

1. glimball

glimball

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When I have bought the appropriate cables (that's another question) I want to mount my new Infocus 7205 on a stand about 6 ft high. I am to have the bottom of the viewing area about 30" from the floor. To acheive this with a 120" image I would have to tilt the projector forward and down about 14 degrees. I would then correct the resultant keystone using the projectors electronic keystone adjustment.

When I planned this I calculated the image position on the assumption that the Infocus puts out a symetrical beam and of course it doesn't - the lower image extremity is 16 degrees above the horizontal ... hence the need to tilt downwards ..... or am I missing something here?

The question is ...... I know that a projector can be tilted upwards - the adjustable feet prove this, but is any harm likely to be caused to the projector by tilting it downwards?

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Using keystone will affect the quality of the image and is not recommended. The image from the Infocus does indeed projector higher that the lens. Maybe you could place the projector on a coffee table in front of your seating position or alternatively, ceiling mount it where by you invert the projector and the image will them projector down onto the screen. If keystoning is your only option, then this will not harm your pj, but will your picture!!

3. SimonInd

SimonInd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Go for a ceiling mount if possible and invert the projector - this should give you a keystone free set up which shouldn't get knocked or moved. If you're going for a 120" image the tiniest projector movement is going to knock it out of alignment with the screen so a fixed support is by far the best solution.

Given that they're designed to operate either inverted or the right way up, I'm sure tilting downwards won't do any harm.

Cheers

Simon