Premium with HDMI

dimmockg

Done a search through a lot of threads but cant seem to find information of the release date of the above.

Can anybody advise or link to the thread please

many thanks

m1ket

The only difference in the packaging is under features you will see HDMI..

bobbytoad

I guess from the lack of posts no one in the UK has seen a 360 premium with HDMI yet???

maybe if the consoles fly off the shelves with the price drop and Halo 3 we may see them appear?

cant see any retailer wilfully pushing the HDMI premiums over the stock they then wont be able to shift?

ps if any one finds one - i want it ;o)

funcky

It might be a while before these come out, the Halo 3 360 is suppose to have hdmi which is out late Sept, but that is a rip off since its like £30 extra just for a horrible looking paintjob, only fanboys need apply. It might just be worth going for the elite if people really wanted hdmi since it comes with a cable, buying it seperate with the new premiums will cost an extra £30 anyways. If the 120gig hdd is'nt needed then it can be sold or traded in for the 20gig, and altogether costs would work out about the same as going down the premium route.

D

Deleted member 380232

I would guess try bigger stores, like high street GAMEs where they have a big stock turnover - just ask them if they have Premiums with HDMI - better bundles available on prems compared to Elites I think :D

Kamanchi

Why dont you just get the elite? £299 with 2 games from HMV. Seems like a good deal when the premium is £249 without any games.

dimmockg

wonder what the chances of exchanging my premium purchased on 30th August are? wasn't initially bothered by HDMI due to thinking it would be ages before these arrived and my tv only having one HDMI socket (which i may be changing)

got it from Virgin, may give them a call or probably not worth the effort?

akane_1984

I am not bothered about HDMI but if I see these popping up in stores id be interested in getting one as rumours our the hardware inside is different to non-hdmi system. any truth in that?

sdb123

Distinguished Member
What do you think you'll get from HDMI that you won't/don't from Component or VGA?

jommy999

What do you think you'll get from HDMI that you won't/don't from Component or VGA?

HDMI , component and vga can run the game upto 1080p

only VGA and HDMI will run HD DVD at 1080p but only 1080i on component

and the last thing , not many tvs that can run VGA at 1080p

so HDMI is the best choice if you got the tv that got HDMI and support FULLHD

sdb123

Distinguished Member
HDMI , component and vga can run the game upto 1080p

only VGA and HDMI will run HD DVD at 1080p but only 1080i on component

and the last thing , not many tvs that can run VGA at 1080p

so HDMI is the best choice if you got the tv that got HDMI and support FULLHD

I understand the differences myself... ;). I was asking the question in response to dimmockg's post.

:)

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
My mate has just got a UK premium and it has HDMI! So they are now about in the UK. It says "HDMI" on the back of the box, at the bottom.
Question for you then, or anyone else who may have landed an HDMI premium: can you confirm what leads come in the box - specfically does it come with an HDMI lead and does it include the audio dongle for optical out?

I heard neither are included, just wanted to make sure for the FAQ.

(How would someone go about getting an audio dongle if you don't get one included? :confused: )

K

Kraken

Question for you then, or anyone else who may have landed an HDMI premium: can you confirm what leads come in the box - specfically does it come with an HDMI lead and does it include the audio dongle for optical out?

I heard neither are included, just wanted to make sure for the FAQ.

(How would someone go about getting an audio dongle if you don't get one included? :confused: )

I swapped my broken 360 for a new model at Gamestation on Saturday, and it turned out to be an HDMI version. Contents of box exactly the same as a standard premium, so no digital audio dongle or hdmi lead in the box.

My understanding is the only way to buy the dongle seperately is with the offical HDMI cable kit, approximately $50 in the US, no release over here as yet.

akane_1984

interested to know if these premium hdmi builds are more reliable, better build quality, everywhere i search on the web there is no official word from microsoft to whether they changed any internal hardware with this model.

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
interested to know if these premium hdmi builds are more reliable, better build quality, everywhere i search on the web there is no official word from microsoft to whether they changed any internal hardware with this model.
There isn't a major hardware revision, but I believe the new heatsink is now applied to these models. You may consider that better build quality, and it is certainly done with the intention of making the console more reliable.

D

Deleted member 380232

I swapped my broken 360 for a new model at Gamestation on Saturday, and it turned out to be an HDMI version. Contents of box exactly the same as a standard premium, so no digital audio dongle or hdmi lead in the box.

My understanding is the only way to buy the dongle seperately is with the offical HDMI cable kit, approximately $50 in the US, no release over here as yet.

Which would then make it the same price as the elite give or take :suicide:

Pants!

K

Kraken

Which would then make it the same price as the elite give or take :suicide:

Pants!

Yep. I see very little point in buying a Premium now the Elite is available, given the extra value in the box, as long as you have the choice.

dimmockg

I understand the differences myself... ;). I was asking the question in response to dimmockg's post.

:)

just curious as to whether Virgin would likely exchange the unit - especially as the build date (IIRC) on the "new" console was October 06!

CalciumKid

just curious as to whether Virgin would likely exchange the unit - especially as the build date (IIRC) on the "new" console was October 06!

Just take it back and say it has been crashing a lot after an hour or so game play, with screen tearing etc. There's not a lot they can do to test that and seeing as you haven't had it long at all will prob replace without any hassle. Just say you don't want this to happen again and u heard the new models with hdmi have an extra heatsink...or just exchange it for an elite:cool:

RottenFox

Distinguished Member

Don't take it back to the store.
first phone up there customer services on 0845 277 7447,and explain it to them.
then get them to phone the store,and arrange for a swap.
i did that,after the store workers were like gestapo,and refused to do anything.
1 phone call to customer services though,and my premium was swapped with an elite.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
My understanding is that these new Premium 360's with the HDMI connections have the same motherboards as the Elites. I believe they are the Zephyr motherboards. I would think as a result of that they would be more reliable then the older non-HDMI Premiums.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney picks up Sony's cinema releases post Netflix in US
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony unveils X-Series wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 21st April 2021