premium , is it worth me getting it?

ricflairandy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, i have the regular battlefield 3, no karkand, no nothing.

Is it worth me getting the premium?. I am fed up of black ops and 1 year later want to get back into bf3. Premium worth it? And how much space do i need (only have a 20gb drive).

I've got a feeling the game may be pushing upwards of 20gb now. Premium's great, but is it worth it now? I'm not so sure. If you want to join in most of the main matches then all you really need are the vanilla maps (which you have) and then the Back to Karkand Expansion and the recent Aftermath Expansion. The close quarters DLC whilst fun, isn't on any main map rotation as they limited the max number of players on console to 16 rather than the main maps which are 24. The CQ maps therefore exist on seperate servers. The Armoured Kill maps were good for a few games on, but were just too big for the consoles. I've not seen them on a general map rotation in ages.

If you can pick up some cheap points then get premium, otherwise I'd just get B2K and Aftermath and then see whether End Game is worth picking up later.

I'd say it depends, i bought premium on xbox and PC and all i ever play is TDM on noshar.. then again its nice to have the choice of another map etc if i get bored.

Premium isn't worth it now, since there is only one more DLC to be released, and In all honesty so far the best DLC has been "Aftermath".

Premium allowed 2 weeks early access over regular players, that was probably the reason most went for it, and it did save you some money in the long run if you played on buying all the DLC.

As kirksi says, get the B2K and aftermath DLC, as these are probably the best selection of maps.

If you want them all then go premium, you can get all the DLC for £32, which = 4200 Ms points, available from here............

cheap microsoft points| buy Microsoft Xbox 360 Live 2100 points card l Microsoft 4200 points| Microsoft| xbox live points subscription code | Cheap Xbox Live Codes

I don't think you'll find points any cheaper than here ?

id alraedy got some from fastxboxlive.com but i am trying to decide if i should get the lot as

back to karkand would cost me 1200, aftermath another 1200 and then another 1200 for the next one. an extra 400 wll get me the missing 2.

id alraedy got some from fastxboxlive.com but i am trying to decide if i should get the lot as

back to karkand would cost me 1200, aftermath another 1200 and then another 1200 for the next one. an extra 400 wll get me the missing 2.

Might be worth getting premium then, just for the sake of it :smashin:
You get a "shiny new knife" as a premium member :laugh:

I agree with the guys saying that only Karkand and Aftermath are the only 2 worth having atm. Like you say though, if the next dlc is decent thats another 1200 points. I'd still only go for it if you plan to stick at it and the extra 400 points for premium will at least get you more double xp to rank up that bit faster.

I still think that buying the premuim disc for £40 and selling your current copy on fleabay should get you it all for about £25 to £28 quid, there is still 10 months in the game yet.

I still think that buying the premuim disc for £40 and selling your current copy on fleabay should get you it all for about £25 to £28 quid, there is still 10 months in the game yet.

You can buy the standard game for £25 new, so ebay prices are a bit "hit and miss" at the moment.

You can buy the standard game for £25 new, so ebay prices are a bit "hit and miss" at the moment.

It's down to £10 in Morrisons now apparently (says so on HUKD anyway).

If your going to be putting in the hours, £32 for premium is still a lot of gaming for the money, granted AK wasn't the best but I'd still rather have it than not, CQ although I don't play it much it is the go to when your on your own, BK and AM are just well ace:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom