Premium Harmony alternative?

DT79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any premum alternative to Harmony for AV automation/control?

A dedicated controller/handset is a must, I don’t want an iPad app to be my only control interface, as is wireless - I‘ve seen crestron and other controllers for the AV in the conference suites at work (which are very slick), but they are all wired

It’s not just with Logitech getting out of the game, I was visiting a friend the other day and I picked up the remote control for his B&O system and it was a beautiful weighty metal jobbie and it just put any other remotes I’ve seen to shame in terms of the feeling of quality, so something with that level of quality and the functionality of a harmony (or better) is what I’m hoping for.

If there was something that could take advantage of IP, RS232 and IR depending on the capabilities of each device, but with a wireless controller, that would be ideal.

Look at Sofabaton which comes out soon.

Look at Sofabaton which comes out soon.

I don't think they'd have that premium feel the OP is looking for, it may (hopefully) have the functionality though.

How is your Control4 Neeo for a "premium" remote.

@DT79

This is the Control4 Neeo, it's very pricey, but the only thing I can think of that's what you're looking for.

Last edited:
The Neeo is the one that I use the most.
It would be hard to find in the UK.
As you say, it is very pricey now.
The new Sofabaton is looking good.
Its worst point is the ridiculous name!
The screen is limited in what it can do.
Its functionality is very wide though.

I don't think they'd have that premium feel the OP is looking for, it may (hopefully) have the functionality though.

How is your Control4 Neeo for a "premium" remote.

@DT79

This is the Control4 Neeo, it's very price, but the only thing I can think of that's what you're looking for.

Thanks. The Control4 certainly looks the part. I will do a bit of research.

YIO Remote Two is looking pretty premium. Still early days for it though.

YIO Remote Two is looking pretty premium. Still early days for it though.
That does look nice! Thanks.

It does indeed look nice - and VERY expensive.
It won’t be out for months though.

Has there been any news if Harmony will be sold instead of simply being "decommissioned"? I'm hoping for a restart.

Has there been any news if Harmony will be sold instead of simply being "decommissioned"? I'm hoping for a restart.
We can but hope. You'd think that a ready made product and support structure like that would be a prime candidate for someone to buy-up. But then I suppose if it were profitable Logitech wouldn't be closing it down....

I know I started this thread looking for a 'premium' alternative, but I realise now that I was being very ungrateful. I'd happily settle for the Harmony line continuing to exist and be developed (although a metal bodied handset that weights 0.5kg would be nice :D ).

The Sofabaton remotes do look a lot like they're made by the same team as Harmony. A lot of the same design accents, colours and app UX similarities, so to me the Sofabaton X1 is the next iteration of the Harmony range. The YIO Remote Two looks like a nice new generation of higher end, more expensive but not completely stupidly expensive remote. The open API of the YIO is a definite win over Harmony/Sofabaton as is the 'local' configuration, no need for a cloud account which the Harmony range relies on.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom