premium downloaded

Discussion in 'PS4 Battlefield' started by robhullfury, Feb 28, 2014.

1. robhullfury

robhullfury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Ive took the plunge and downloaded premium but after playing for 3 hours yesterday I didnt play any new maps?! is it only certain game modes that have new maps? I received the battlepacks etc so its downloaded ok. just wondered what ive paid for exactly!

rob

2. benhaha85

benhaha85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    The DLC maps are currently in their own playlist, you won't get them mixed in with the vanilla maps.

Just filter the servers by one map from the dlc you want to play, i.e. Capsian border for second assault.

3. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,943
    The game modes in the base game can be played on any map but, game modes added to the DLC only relate to maps in the DLC. For example, Capture the Flag, which was part of Second Assault, you can only play on the Second Assault maps.

As Ben mentions, at the moment there are separate servers for each map pack that just cycles those maps. When we get rented servers then you'll see a bit more of a mixture. DICE will probably added mixed servers at some point as well.

4. robhullfury

robhullfury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Brilliant thanks guys, was abit confused there.

thanks

5. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    Sorry to hijack the thread chaps but I paid for Premium last night and it then downloaded a 100kb file and on loading BF4 I`ve now got "Premium" under the BattleField 4 heading but when i try to play Capture the Flag which I believe is from the "Second Assault" DLC it tells me certain DLC is missing. Anyone know where I`m going wrong?

6. Turb007

Turb007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +693
    You have to download the china rising and second assault maps from the store ..premium gives you the ticket to stop you getting charged

7. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Highjacking the thread slightly, but how much is an upgrade to Premium?

I've been playing BF4 almost non-stop (love it!) and am slightly narked that some of the good guns I need Premium for, I believe. But then again I'm playing it so much I won't begrudge paying extra coin for, plus additional maps. Wondered what the £££ was though, and if there's a cheaper place to buy it etc....

8. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    Its £39.99 buddy. I get so much out of the game that for me its a no-brainer.

9. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Bit more than I had anticipated, I have to say.

What do you actually GET, though? I only ask as there's this new 'Second Assault' thing out - does Premium mean that all this drip-fed expansiony things get included as free? Just wondering what you actually get for your dosh.

Sorry for all the questions.

10. RedAl

RedAl
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,988
    You get all 5 bits of DLC for £39.99 when they`re individually priced at £12 so you`re saving about £20. Each DLC comes with a number of maps, extra weapons i believe plus bonus battlepacks and double XP weekends during launch of that set of DLC. You also get all this 2 weeks before Joe Public does when they buy them individually.

11. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,943
    Assuming you don't already have China Rising that is :)

12. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Hello all,

Bit of a lazy post perhaps, but wanted to get some feedback from people on the time it takes to download all this stuff, the process to go through, and that my thinking is correct.

So...

1) Purchasing BF4 Premium whether through the Store or CD Keys or similar gives you a code - and I presume you input this in the PSN Store section or somewhere to redeem it. That's all good.
    2) This then gives you the ability to download certain 'stuff' from the PSN Store such as expansion packs? Is China Rising an expansion pack? Second Assault? Not sure on this one so thought I'd ask. Is an expansion pack = 1 map, or is it a pack of maps? So instead of being charged £10+ for these you download them all for free one by one (pack by pack).
    3) If you purchase Premium now I guess I get access to the previous expansion things, but it mentions 'five' expansion packs so there's more to come and they'll be free?
    4) Does this whole process take a lot of time? I only ask as I'm wondering whether to faff around with it tonight, or enjoy the normal BF4 game and do the downloading stuff tomorrow morning, if it'll take an hour or two.

Sorry for the painful questions. N00b at this sort of stuff. If there's a patient saint out there that could answer me it'd be appreciated.

Cheers.

13. benhaha85

benhaha85

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484

I'll give it a go :)

1) If you do it through PSN you don't need to redeem a code, it just links to your account. I think CD keys give you a code though.

2) Each expansion pack is a set of maps, for example second assault consists of 4 maps (caspian border, opertation firestorm, operation metro and gulf of oman). Once you have got your premium sorted when you go to the PSN store you'll be able to add the packs to your basket for free. Then continue as you would when buying anything else from the store. There are also items like DMR unlocks which will grant you all the weapons in that class.

3) Yep, you get all the previous items any any future ones for free. The only thing you'll have missed out on are things like double xp weekends.

4) Each map pack can be quite big, so if you want to play tomorrow personally I'd set the downloads off tonight. You'll still be able to play the vanilla version as they download. On my PS4 download speeds aren't great (even though I'm on fibre) so I try to download things in advance of actually wanting to play them.

Hope that helped.

14. Sly Fly

Sly Fly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +726
    Perfect.

Thanks a bunch.

15. ozzzy189

ozzzy189

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,241
    With the naval assault problems on top of the other online 'nuances', is anyone trying to get a refund?

16. razy60

razy60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +319
    i read somewhere that some Xbox owners were trying, cant remember where though.

17. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,943
    People have managed to get refunds for Premium, but then of course their premium is then cancelled. Don't know about getting a refund for whole game. Might be difficult to justify if you have sunk a lot of hours into the game.

18. meweavy

meweavy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,278
    I can't see people getting a refund for the game or premium if they have had both for a while,maybe if someone brought the game/premium recently and realised the game was fubar they might get a refund.
    Tbh it is disgusting releasing a broken game and people paying for the broken game.
    You wouldn't be expected to buy a half finished album or a book with half the pages missing.
    Yet we buy games like cod and bf that are not finished and have to put up with repairs after the game is sold in their millions.
    Once the money is in the bank the likes of EA don't give a shxt about the customer,until their next game is due out then its oh look at the next best fps we have on offer.
    And like mugs we get all excited over the new bf and like mugs go out and buy it and like mugs put up with another broken unfinished game.
    I think I'm boycotting everything EA related in future.
    Rant over.

19. Jimster71

Jimster71
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,943
    Don't think I'd go that far - titanfall seems to be ok by the looks of it.

I definitely won't be buying another BF game until it looks like it is working properly. I just wish they would do something about the rubber banding or hold up their hands and say they can't fix it.

20. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Where is the cheapest place to buy premium?

Cheapest ive found is cdkeys for approx £35. Is there anywhere cheaper? Think I'm gonna get it tonight.

21. Ben6279

Ben6279

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    After reading Dirtschmooz post below I also purchased Premium for the PS3 version on PS Store. When taken to the download list I had the option to download Premium for either the PS3 or PS4 version. Chose PS4 version & now all Premium'd up for £10.79 :clap::clap:.

22. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    When did you do that?

23. JonnyConcrete

JonnyConcrete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +191
    Looks like I'm too late. Says unavailable on ps3. Ugh. Don't want to pay £35 for it now. Might just leave it.
    Screenshot_2014-11-01-17-18-01.png

24. Ben6279

Ben6279

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Was a week ago Thursday just gone, what 10 days or so. Must have just caught the boat then by the looks of it.