Premiership Rugby Union - HD on 'Red Button'; Time for SSHD3?

Laggy

Established Member
Reaction score
Noticed that tomorrows game is HD under the red button due to HD1 & 2 being packed with HD content. This is becoming a regular occurrence now; with the increasing number of Sports that are broadcasting in HD its going to get worse. I notice they broadcasting some champions league games on Sky One so that there in HD.

While i'm happy that Sky aren't pulling a "cricket" and dropping HD coverage I'm finding it a bit annoying that they aren't giving it its own EPG number. I don't know about anyone else but I like to flick between channels, checking different scores etc, etc.. With the 'Press Red' thing it takes an age to load to get the picture in HD, and you can't then easily switch between the different things that are on without loading the whole thing back up again.

Is it now the time that Sky launch Sky Sports HD 3? What happened to the bandwidth from Prem Plus HD; I didn't have HD at the time, but didn't Sky Sports HDX broadcast for a few weeks after the football season had finished.

Also if you look it seems that they are 'borrowing' the bandwidth from Sky Box Office HD1 for the red button sports.. It would be much easier if they showed the Rugby on the EPG number for SBOHD1 as well as give to red button option (for easy 'flickage'), which again I think I remember them doing in the past.

I'm sure a HD3 will arrive sooner or later but as a solution to your channel surfing need - I'm much the same - you could record the HD stream.

Just start watching the recording via the planner and you can then flick to Interactive bit by pressing play. (It worked for me when there was a HD England Rugby match on interactive a few weeks back.)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom