Premiership Plus

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by san_marco, Aug 15, 2005.

1. san_marco

san_marco
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How much is premiership plus? Can you get a season ticket like you could before? The reason I am asking is that I have been away travelling for a year and have noticed that what used to be the lunch time game (12.30) on Saturday on SS1 has now changed to Premiership plus, did this happen recently or last year?

Cheers

2. bruce-leroy

bruce-leroy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,526
    Are you sure? I thought that Sky alternate the Saturday lunchtime games, i.e. sometimes on SS1 and sometimes on PP?

At the moment, the offer is £50 for the PP season ticket if you already subscribe to a premium sky package (e.g. you already have sky sports on your subscription). If not, it will cost a ridiculously high amount to get it.

3. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    I don't think Sky ever show a game at lunch time unless it's a major clash (ie between the top 3 teams). I can't imagine Arsenal-United ever being shown on Prem Plus.

Prem Plus is more than worth the money, even if a lot of the games are minor clashes. Nothing like sitting down to watch a live match, whatever the teams.

4. m488dkw

m488dkw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    But what about the scoreline highlights - totally distracts from the game and will probably leave an image burn on the TV

5. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Scoreline highlights? I don't get anything like that. I just get the score/time in the top left.

Unless you're talking about Soccer Saturday. They take ad breaks ever 15 mins so I wouldn't worry about image burn.

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Looks like a trainee with photoshop went mad :)

Much prefer the standard graphics for the footy, even better if they were 16:9 specific and not 4:3 safe.