Premiership Plus query.

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have looked through some threads but to no avail (maybe a lack of patience).

If I subscribe to Premiership Plus is it possible to take my card to a mate's house and watch a match there if I feel like it or do I have to watch all the matches using my own equipment?

Cheers...

Take the box and card,no hardship really.:thumbsup:

Well that's just rubbish...thanks for the help anyway.

Decadence said:
Well that's just rubbish...thanks for the help anyway.

Sorry i was just trying to help.:D

hunts1uk said:
Take the box and card,no hardship really.:thumbsup:

scouse258 said:
sorry mate - you can only watch it on the box that the card is assigned to.

In fact we have had multiroom and Prem Plus from the start and it is only in the last year or so they have let you watch it on your own second TV in the same house as you can do with all the normal mirrored channels.

I guess they have to prevent exactly the problem you suggest of people loaning cards or taking them 'down the pub'.

This is also why with multiroom they insist on your box being permanently connected to the phone. Once or twice in the past we have had threats out of the blue by post from Sky that they would cut us off or charge double subs because they claimed we had disconnected our box. We had done no such thing and it was a Sky computer glitch but we had to go through a pretty annoying ritual over the phone to prove that we were not criminals cheating by moving the card or box to another house.

I guess some people are trying to cheat Sky by getting multiroom then moving their second card or box or both elsewhere and flogging it to a mate.

Unfortunately the honest viewers or those just wanting to use the system in a way that suits them tend to suffer as a result and when this first happens you feel a bit annoyed that Sky presume it is you to blame when in our experience (twice) it was Sky themselves.

So Sky are rather protective / paranoid about stopping this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom