Premiership Football

cbenson1987

Standard Member
Hi.

I am very confused about what to buy so that i will be able to watch premiership games that kick off at 3pm on saturdays. I currently have sky sports so i can watch the super sunday games but would like to be able to watch some of the games on the saturday.

Can someone please let me know exactly what i need?

Thanks

vu5ter

Hi mate

As a starting point I recommend you to spend a few hours going through this site www.alsat.co.uk. Very confusing to start with so I also recommend looking in the Technomate forum to start with which tends to be the easiest/value for money for newbies. Post back if you want the finer details and I'll help where I can but the people on alsat are very knowledgeable and friendly

Vuster

rcaudwell

Alsat is a good site with a lot of info to go through, you can get legal subs from their shop (or many other shops on the web). Your main (legal) options are Digitalb (although it`s still far from clear what`s happening with their EPL coverage - looking like 1-2 3pm Saturday kickoffs per week at the moment), or Sky Italia (if you`re feeling rich!). Premiere (German package) are also showing most premiership games this season (with English Commentary), although again, a sub won`t come cheap.
If you have a standard Sky set up at the moment you will also need a new dish (the foreign channels showing Saturday football are broadcast from different satellites than Sky UK), a new receiver (the Digibox is not capable of decoding other smartcards) and a cam/card. Orbitalsat (posts on here and has online webstore) sells complete systems and is very reliable in my experience.

Jaycee Dove

Canal + Scandinavia is another option. You can also get HD (the Setanta games included) at only £50 more than the SD version.

Not the cheapest but supposed to be very good PQ.

rcaudwell

Agreed, remember the good old days of Norweigian games in pubs on Saturdays?
Canal + Scandinavia is a fantastic package, English commentary on EPL, lots of US sports and half decent films. Also lots of English language content on the other channels and lots of BBC stuff.
Subs are expensive and hard to come by unless you have a helpful Scandinavian friend/relative though. You`d also need at least an 80cm dish (preferablly bigger)

Alsat is a good site with a lot of info to go through, you can get legal subs from their shop (or many other shops on the web). Your main (legal) options are Digitalb (although it`s still far from clear what`s happening with their EPL coverage - looking like 1-2 3pm Saturday kickoffs per week at the moment), or Sky Italia (if you`re feeling rich!). Premiere (German package) are also showing most premiership games this season (with English Commentary), although again, a sub won`t come cheap.
If you have a standard Sky set up at the moment you will also need a new dish (the foreign channels showing Saturday football are broadcast from different satellites than Sky UK), a new receiver (the Digibox is not capable of decoding other smartcards) and a cam/card. Orbitalsat (posts on here and has online webstore) sells complete systems and is very reliable in my experience.

Remember though that all these grey cards (from broadcasters outside the UK) are NOT legal - you are breaking the terms and conditions of issue of the cards and thus in breach of civil law - the broadcasters have only bought the rights to broadcast to a specific territory and cannot legally sell them outside that territory. As such there is a risk involved that a card could be switched off and you would have no recourse whatsoever against either the broadcaster or card supplier and would rely on the card supplier's goodwill to replace it. It doesn't happen often BUT it does happen and all should be aware of this.

rcaudwell

Very true, and a point worth considering. Having said that I would consider the chances of Digitalb cancelling cards sold outside Albania remote at best, considering they probably do more business outside Albania than in their own territory. I suspect they will go the same way as ART in a couple of seasons time, once the FA exert pressure on them.
What we need is a couple of test cases, to establish the legality of monopolies on pay-tv services and the position with regard to the EU TV sans frontieres (or whatever they called it) - anyone got a spare few hundred grand to mount a case ;)

Very true, and a point worth considering. Having said that I would consider the chances of Digitalb cancelling cards sold outside Albania remote at best, considering they probably do more business outside Albania than in their own territory. I suspect they will go the same way as ART in a couple of seasons time, once the FA exert pressure on them.
What we need is a couple of test cases, to establish the legality of monopolies on pay-tv services and the position with regard to the EU TV sans frontieres (or whatever they called it) - anyone got a spare few hundred grand to mount a case ;)

The legalities are already there and have been tested and upheld many times - use of the cards is a breach of civil law as you have broken the contract by fraudulent means. The supplier of the cards has almost certainly broken civil law by knowingly allowing that fraud. The broadcasters if they know about any card must turm that card off as they are in breach of the transmission rights they have purchased.

The EU TV sans frontieres statement is a complete red herring to this issue as that states any member country shall not provide any barrier to reception of transmissions from another - it does not require any country to provide reception of its broadcasts outside that country. Any such reception is a bonus to citizens of other countries if FTA.

deks

Standard Member
The technomate 1500 cl + 80cm dish depending where u are is good! You can buy a 6 month or 12 month card (digitalb) not art card as was for previous seasons. This card no longer works for most people!:rolleyes:

O

Orbitalsat LTD

I believe there is a case going to high court at the end of this year a pub landlord (Murphy), I hope Im correct in saying that this is the first, all the others have been tested in Magistrates, the debate still rumbles is it? or isn’t it? Illegal until it is proven one way or another in Crown Court we shall wait and see. If you are a Publican or the licensee of a commercial building I would recommend you take out legal cover with civil and criminal cover, be careful as there are only a couple of companies that offer both types of cover.

Everybody seems to point the finger at people in this country using foreign satellite viewing cards...but hold on..how many times have you been abroad and watched sky sports in a pub? so is it ok for sky to have their cards and decoders in foreign countries? sky also turn a blind eye to this as do other broadcasters from other countries, sky wouldnt want this to stop as they gain a substantial revenue from overseas sales..what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Regards

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom