premiership eleven

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now the season is coming to an end I thought we could list our own favourite team giving reasons etc. Herere is mine
Peter Czech worlds best goalkeeper
Micah Richards . Now i like this lad and I think he has a very bright future loads of pace and talent ,ideal wingback material.
Jonathan Woodgate. always rated him , bad luck with injuries but into some real form. Also not with one of the big four teams.
John terry - need I say more?
Wayne Bridge . could of been Ashley Cole but I prefer Bridge
Javier Mascherano - takes the "water carrying" mantle from the sublime Makalele. Has to be VERY good to be able to do that.also an Argie:thumbsup:
Stevie Gerard on the right but with licence to play where he thinks appropriate.Superb player who would surely be better playing for Man U.
Paul Scholes- why on earth did anyone allow him to retire from international football. He should be pressured to rejoin and told to save his best performances for when his country calls otherwise confiscate his house:)
Christiano Ronaldo - enuf said about this outrageous individual but only because HE IS NOT ENGLISH when he should be. This country needs players of his calibre taking the mickey out of defenders.
Dimitriv Berbatov. Ive seen enough of this Bulgarian to put him ahead of Rooney and Henri. Ooozes class .
Didier Drogba- best in his position in my view, a partnerhip with Berbatov would tear a new :censored: in any defence

Wot no Arsenal players??well for me they dont quite cut the mustard./ Some very good ones for sure so my bench will consist of:
Lehman ,Toure ,Gallas, Fabregas,Gilberto a fully fit Henri, Adebeyor and the bloke who plays at rt back for them???

3 or 4 excellent choices LGS :devil: :thumbsup: ... I won't bore you with my 11 though... I'm far too predictable! :eek: :D

Cech - no need to say anything. Was going to say James, but since returning, this guy has proven how good he is. Cudicini is no mug
Carvalho - a rock
Vidic - adapted and now essential
Evra - I remember his debut or early game against Man City. Since then he has taken the place of Heinze - and I thought pre-injury he was the Prem's left back. What more can I say?
Essien - Maureen has said enough
Ronaldo - Triple fan and player awards. 'Nuff said
Scholes - Form is temporary, class is permanent
Giggs - Rolling back the years
Berbatov - what can I say... except sign him Rafa! :devil: :D
Rooney - it has taken some time, but finally we can say the big man has arrived
Drogba
- phenomenal. Match and point rescuing goals

AND FOR THE LAST TIME STEVEN GERRARD HAS DONE :censored: ALL TO WARRANT BEING NOMINATED, LET ALONE BE MENTIONED
. Carragher maybe, but not Stevie G. I will be as bold as to declare people are talking about him by reputation alone and have not watched enough games this season. He has certainly not reached the dizzying heights of 1-2 years ago when he was in exhilarating form. And don't give me playing on the right, cutting in nonsense. I can't have been the only one to notice Cole had an easy time of it last week. Gerrard was nowhere when the ball went to the LB area

AND FOR THE LAST TIME STEVEN GERRARD HAS DONE :censored: ALL TO WARRANT BEING NOMINATED, LET ALONE BE MENTIONED. Carragher maybe, but not Stevie G. I will be as bold as to declare people are talking about him by reputation alone and have not watched enough games this season. He has certainly not reached the dizzying heights of 1-2 years ago when he was in exhilarating form. And don't give me playing on the right, cutting in nonsense. I can't have been the only one to notice Cole had an easy time of it last week. Gerrard was nowhere when the ball went to the LB area
Being as you are a precocious teenager I'll forgive your petulance and football ignorance.:lesson: What you said about Scholes applies to Gerard .All players go through lean spells and he is no exception. He is one of those players who needs to have the freedom of the park and not be tied to one position . In any case midfield areas are about flexibilty. Class act when on song.

My eleven :

CECH - no doubting the best keeper in the league

RICHARDS - no bias, great engine and versatility, excellent full back
EVRA - solid season, great return to form
CARVALHO - consistency with the odd goal, great rock at the back
VIDIC - superb first season

RONALDO - great response from WC, deserved player of the year
SCHOLES - what a player, big miss for England
ESSIEN - tremendous versatility shown, great impact for Chelsea
GERRARD - engine for Liverpool and England over recent months

DROGBA - prem top scorer, improvement on last year's diver
BERBATOV - excellent first season, handled English football

Being as you are a precocious teenager I'll forgive your petulance and football ignorance.:lesson: What you said about Scholes applies to Gerard .All players go through lean spells and he is no exception. He is one of those players who needs to have the freedom of the park and not be tied to one position . In any case midfield areas are about flexibilty. Class act when on song.
And being as you as you nominated your choices for the season, I presume you are fully aware that whilst form is indeed temporary and class is permanent, nevertheless, team of the year is still based on the form for this current 06/07 season :lesson:

If you wish to change your original post to include Premiership all time, then please do so :lesson:

And whilst I used strong language, I never once got personal. Very sad imho LGS that a petulant and ignorant teenager understands this difference whilst you cannot only talk about the topic in football terms

Why?
The Times said:
Just as Jose Mourinho promised, Chelsea have been a different side with John Terry, Petr Cech and Ricardo Carvalho back together again. The wobbles of winter came when injuries forced the triumvirate apart.Terry, Cech and Carvalho have played 12 games together since being reunited against Porto in February and Chelsea won 10 of those with six clean sheets

Now the season is coming to an end I thought we could list our own favourite team giving reasons etc. Herere is mine
Peter Czech worlds best goalkeeper
[-]Micah Richards[/-] . Now i like this lad and I think he has a very bright future loads of pace and talent ,ideal wingback material. EVRA
[-]Jonathan Woodgate[/-]. always rated him , bad luck with injuries but into some real form. Also not with one of the big four teams. VIDIC
John terry - need I say more?
[-]Wayne Bridge[/-] . could of been Ashley Cole but I prefer Bridge EVRA
[-]Javier Mascherano[/-] - takes the "water carrying" mantle from the sublime
Makalele. Has to be VERY good to be able to do that.also an Argie:thumbsup: WHAT?????? GIGGS
[-]Stevie Gerard[/-] on the right but with licence to play where he thinks appropriate.Superb player who would surely be better playing for Man U. ESSIEN
Paul Scholes- why on earth did anyone allow him to retire from international football. He should be pressured to rejoin and told to save his best performances for when his country calls otherwise confiscate his house:)
Christiano Ronaldo - enuf said about this outrageous individual but only because HE IS NOT ENGLISH when he should be. This country needs players of his calibre taking the mickey out of defenders.
Dimitriv Berbatov. Ive seen enough of this Bulgarian to put him ahead of Rooney and Henri. Ooozes class .
Didier Drogba- best in his position in my view, a partnerhip with Berbatov would tear a new :censored: in any defence

Wot no Arsenal players??well for me they dont quite cut the mustard./ Some very good ones for sure so my bench will consist of:
Lehman ,Toure ,Gallas, Fabregas,Gilberto a fully fit Henri, Adebeyor and the bloke who plays at rt back for them???

Looks better now!

;)

Looks better now!

;)

Not for Patrice Evra, you have him RB and LB. Think hes that good do you?? :D

James - Would be Cech, but he was out most the season.
Richards - Everything has been said already.
Evra - Huge improvement, didnt think he would hack it.
Vidic - Behind Ronaldo in main reasons for Man U being Champions ;)
Terry or Carvalho - Can't decide.
Essien - Thought he should have been second in Player Of The Year.
Scholes - Come back for England Paul :lease:
Giggs - Back to his very best.
Ronaldo - el;ghb vykpdejhbhktugsdl;yuu
Drogba - Guys a fool, but been great this year.
Berbatov - :D

Rooney, Fabergas and Gerrard (Think he has had a very good season, not the heights of the past two, but still one of the top midfield performers) deserve a mention.

LGS, can I please ask how Masherano get s in your line up?? He had 4/5 poor games for WH and has played the same for Liverpool, alot better. But 10 games with half of them not good surely isnt enough to be in the Team Of The Season?? :rolleyes:

And whilst I used strong language, I never once got personal. Very sad imho LGS that a petulant and ignorant teenager understands this difference whilst you cannot only talk about the topic in football terms

What you used was completely unprovoked and unnecessary language young man which was quite clearly targetted at me for no good reason. You are entitled to hold opinions but there are ways of expressing them.:lesson: Just because your hormones are still kicking around doesnt give you the right to lambast someone whose opinions you dont agree with.

I have seen enough of GERARD this season to remain convinced he is the man for the job

Looks better now!

;)
I wanted some English players and some from outside the big four. Is that Evra's twin playing at rt back btw?
Awater carroiuer or porteur d'eau is a defensive midfiled player like Makalele who has been kingpin in that position since his arrival . Mascherano is the new kid on the block who is just outstanding

LGS, can I please ask how Masherano get s in your line up?? He had 4/5 poor games for WH and has played the same for Liverpool, alot better. But 10 games with half of them not good surely isnt enough to be in the Team Of The Season?? :rolleyes:

Well of course it shopuldve been Makalele who is hte sublime technician in that position but I thought what the heck :D
what I have seen of him for 'pool convinced me this Argie has what it takes. Besides I am bit biased:)

Why do you all have Cech in net? He was out for most of the season and while I agree he is the best keeper in the premiership, someone like David James or Van der Sar has probably had more influence over the course of events.

The form he has shown since his return has proved beyond reasonable doubt he's the best keeper this season. The upturn in Chelsea's form is hardly coincidence.

James would be a close second but Van Der Sar? I think he has benefitted from the Ferdinand/Vidic partnership. He is definitely the weak link for Manure IMO.

Surprised at all the votes for Micah Richards... I do like the lad, but he's still young, and in terms of actual performance, I'd still go for Neville ahead of him. In terms of potential, yes, then Richards, he looks very good, easily enough to take over from Gary Neville, in the longer term. Maybe even enough to persuade Utd to try and buy him...:)

I wanted some English players and some from outside the big four.

But doesn't that make it a "best premiership , but must include English players and players from outside the top 4, 11" rather than "best premiership 11" that changes the substance of the question quite significantly IMHO

I assume this is supposed to be based on this season alone?

Cech - made all the difference on his return - did more in 1/2 season than others have all season.
Finnan - how no-one has mentioned the most consistant fullback in the league is beyond me. Exceptional in defence & attack.
Carvalho - Best season I've seen from this man, had a lot to do when others were out injured.
Carragher - Started the season injured & is again exceeded anything he achieved last season. Wouldn't swap him for any other defender in the world. Reina hasn't kept 55 clean sheets in 100 games for nothing.
Taylor - although he's played most the season on the left of Pompey's midfield, I can't pick Evra cos I don't think he's been outstanding. Taylor has & scored probably 6 or the best 10 goals this season.
Ronaldo - bets player on the planet on his day, which was pretty frequent - would Utd be winning the title without him? No...
Essien - Chelsea's saviour so many times this season in multiple positions. Now looking like his price tag + some.
Giggs - Another great season from Ryan Giggs, don't quite understand all the Scholes plaudits when this bloke has far more important.
Berbatov - great first season, great touch, great to watch, will they be able to keep him?
Drogba - best season so far by a long way from this chap, no better striker around at the moment, he's still a wuss though.
McCarthy - Rooney was close after recent games & thought I'd go 4-3-3 cos this bloke deserves a mention, scored some great traditional hitman goals this season & has slotted in better than I thought he would. A bargain buy by Blackburn

What you used was completely unprovoked and unnecessary language young man which was quite clearly targetted at me for no good reason. You are entitled to hold opinions but there are ways of expressing them.:lesson: Just because your hormones are still kicking around doesnt give you the right to lambast someone whose opinions you dont agree with.

I have seen enough of GERARD this season to remain convinced he is the man for the job
:boring: My opinion was obviously aimed at you, but did I go beyond talking about the football? No. Was I maybe too forthright in my expressing of my opinion? Perhaps but then swearing doesn't mean I was aggressive even if it appears that way. Its for emphasis ;) Dread to think what you'd be like in a pub. Don't go around calling the kettle black if all you can do is call me names rather than why you like Gerrard in football terms

And other than being Argie, why is Mascherano in a Prem XI? 11 appearances, 2 as a sub. Maybe 2 good performances for Liverpool, but hardly best XI warranting. If this is another of your 'lets look at their nationality' discussions, then please say so

Don't try to say this too fast, DJT! :rotfl: ... Generally, a good all round team though!.... although, "wot, no Frank?" :eek: ... runs for cover!:devil: :D

It is a bit of a tongue twister! :thumbsup:

Frank was very close, it was a toss up between him, Zenden & Ronaldo for that final midfield slot.;)

...Frank was very close, it was a toss up between him, Zenden & Ronaldo for that final midfield slot.;)

Aw mate... throwing Zenden into the mix really gave your game away! :eek: ... 'Fess up ... Frank didn't enter the equation, did he? :D

Aw mate... throwing Zenden into the mix really gave your game away! :eek: ... 'Fess up ... Frank didn't enter the equation, did he? :D

Funnily enough, he didn't even cross my mind, let alone come close..:eek:

Surely Tevez needs a mention. IMO he has almost bought West Ham back from the brink.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom