1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Premiere 6.5 is unable to capture driver

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Guwida, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic NV- MX500 Camcorder and have used it many times with premiere 6.5 to edit my videos. last week I connected my trusty firewire cable to link PC to Camcorder. When I tried to capture my video to hard drive i found the on screen monitor did not show what was playing on my LCD camcorder.

I went into Premiere and the preference section said unable to capture driver.
    I have tried 4 or 5 times tinkering the settings but no joy. The strange thing is Neroexpress will allow me to capture it to harddisk, I may well end up having to edit it in N.express. Can anyone help ?.

Many thanks

Gu
    :lease:

2. Hillskill

Hillskill
    Moderator/Games Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,284
    I had a similiar(ish) problem with Premiere Pro. I was trying to capture video and the preview monitor was playing back at half speed. If I tried to capture it would just lose everything completely.
    I solved the problem by uninstalling some of the most recently added programs, they were mostly DIVX encoders and ISO programs. After I had removed a couple I retried a capture in Premiere Pro and lo and behold it worked.
    I hope this helps.

3. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Hillskill2, I will unload my recent software downloads and see if it makes a difference.

Gu

4. Guwida

Guwida

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to thank everyone in this forum for their help but one person in
    particular deserves special praise and that is Mr Hillskill2. His advice about unistalling my programmes proved to be spot on.

I unistalled Nero 6 (thru add/remove) and I also cleanout unrelated files in the registry using reg cleaner. Now I am able to capture to hard disk.

I will try and install Nero 6 on another drive and see if it allows me to work with premiere 6.5.

Once again Hillskill2 Thank you.

Gu