Premier League Thread , the next one

Status
Not open for further replies.
City got what they deserved again today. I know you shouldn't panic, but the lack of urgency sometimes disturbs me. Aguero on the bench? Missed Lescott today. And Hart wasn't to blame.

Interesting (not really, more....fun / whimsy): Ronaldo has scored more league goals this season than the entire Liverpool club. And in two games less.

City got what they deserved again today. I know you shouldn't panic, but the lack of urgency sometimes disturbs me. Aguero on the bench? Missed Lescott today. And Hart wasn't to blame.

that winds me up about Ferguson. playing the team he thinks should be able to win, rather than the strongest available 11. The number of times he has been caught out over the years ....................

didn't you bring aguero on just after roonry scored or was that my imagination ?

I thought Rooney scored in the 35th and Aguero wasbbrought on in the 37th , just checked with the beeb and that is indeed the case.

Timing could be a little out, of course . But at least Mancini reacted straight away if its true

They can't be related though, it must be a coincidence. Sian Massey made another good call on the Richards offside goal. She's on the ball that one (sadly!).

Gotta love a female refs ass(istant) ;)

As you say unusual first half sub, just after Utd score, which puts city on the back foot. It'll never be admitted to, but I bet it had everything to do with Utd going ahead

Just recovering from yesterday's result, what a game, what a day. Best result this season for us of course and well deserved, little ol swansea doing me proud, loved celebrating the goal and doing the Poznan i think its called, shame the tv cameras didnt show that but showed a fan crying instead:eek:

A few mentions of man citys missing a few players but our best player Nathan Dyer was out also, would of loved to of seen him running at the man city defence....Survival is a step closer

Saw this on twitter and was surprised to be honest!

@DoronSalomon: You wouldn't know it but: United have lost the fewest league games, won the joint most + scored 1 less than "we'll score when we want" City

Hart is British.

He could make 100 mistakes a month and would get off with it.

Until he does it in the world cup , at which point he's made scape goat.

Do you STILL not know how football works in the English press? :D

dont you mean Australian Press? isnt that what we have now?

Just recovering from yesterday's result, what a game, what a day. Best result this season for us of course and well deserved, little ol swansea doing me proud, loved celebrating the goal and doing the Poznan i think its called, shame the tv cameras didnt show that but showed a fan crying instead:eek:

A few mentions of man citys missing a few players but our best player Nathan Dyer was out also, would of loved to of seen him running at the man city defence....Survival is a step closer

One complete donkey (Savac) in the whole of their team so don't exactly feel sorry for them!

Arsenal got a great opprtunity to be within a single point from spurs. Hope they can do it! Got to keep the pressure on spurs and secure top 4!

The best way to secure top 4 is not to try and aim to finish above chelsea, but to try and finish above spurs. the higher you aim the better your chances are!

About Spurs, dont u think that FA are to blame for spurs recent downfall? They have literally tapped up Harry for the england job!

Agree with Arsenal's aim to finish above Spurs. The higher you aim the better your chances - 100% agree.

Had Spurs used a similar attitude, and aimed to win the league title this year rather than try to exercise a damage limitation approach against most of the big teams in the last few weeks, I'm sure they wouldn't have run into as much trouble as they have done.

Are the FA to blame? Well...you know my views on Spurs' mentality. Maybe its played its part, but you could always lay a safe bet that they'd come unstuck against the big teams, with or without Harry's appearance on the front and back pages in the last few weeks.

Good weekend for United. But I'm not sure why everyone's so surprised by the City result. Swansea is a difficult place to go to. Look at everyone else's record there.

I agree that not using Aguero from the start probably sent out a negative message. But how good has Aguero actually been in the last few weeks? I haven't actually seen many City games recently, but my understanding was that he's been fading and is a bit knackered.

I agree that chopping and changing the team is not always a good idea, and Fergie has been guilty of this recently. I blame his team selections during the Champions league group stages for United's exit. I understand he was thinking of the bigger picture and giving players a rest which might benefit the team later in the season, but it seemed a weird thing to do when qualification for the group stages wasn't guaranteed.

I wonder how seriously he's going to take the return leg against Bilbao. He may now play a full strength team for the 2nd leg, but that may not be enough against a good side away from home. If they go out, I'd blame Fergie's team selection for the first leg as much as Bilbao being excellent.

Had Spurs used a similar attitude, and aimed to win the league title this year rather than try to exercise a damage limitation approach against most of the big teams in the last few weeks, I'm sure they wouldn't have run into as much trouble as they have done.

V Arsenal = Goal attempts 11, 5 on target.
V Man Utd = Goal attempts 18, 6 on target.
V Everton = Goal attempts 24, 5 on target.

Not quite sure how that qualifies for an 'exercise in damage limitation'.

We have approached the recent games the same way we always do. We attack.

djdhrubs said:
I agree that not using Aguero from the start probably sent out a negative message. But how good has Aguero actually been in the last few weeks? I haven't actually seen many City games recently, but my understanding was that he's been fading and is a bit knackered.

Aguero was City's player of the month for February, as voted for by the fans.

I appreciate what you're saying. But it's one thing trying to win the match from the start, its another thing reacting to going behind, then going on the attack. They were very defensive in the Liverpool game.

I just wonder if things might have been different for them had there been less daylight between them and Arsenal. I think they eased off a little last month.

Does adding someone to your ignore list not cover them being quoted in other people's posts?
:confused:

Does adding someone to your ignore list not cover them being quoted in other people's posts?
:confused:

Nope! :thumbsdow
Hence why I've asked many times for people to stop quoting a certain individual as his posts are... well, you can guess what I think but not going to say it as bored of being told off for nothing.

Last edited:

But u still lost. Arsenal have lost many many games under wenger by playing atacking football and completely dominating the opposition. doesnt mean nout. a loss is a loss mate

Yep. Liverpool have used the "chances created, post rattled, keeper putting in MOTM performances" excuses too often this year that it has gone beyond bad luck and coincidence...its just not good enough by the attackers in general. At the back we've been pretty good !

They were very defensive in the Liverpool game.

Agree on the Liverpool, but still can't think of any others where we haven't played our normal style. I agree we aren't at our best, but to label it a 'Damage limitation style' is way off the mark.

But u still lost. Arsenal have lost many many games under wenger by playing atacking football and completely dominating the opposition. doesnt mean nout. a loss is a loss mate

Sorry, you've lost me Jonney. I know we lost. Our recent performances were labelled as 'damage limitation'. I disagreed. I know all to well that wwe can batter teams for 90 minutes and get nothing. It's happened less this year, but still too many. We certainly need an RVP/Rooney/Aguero purchase this summer. The number of times we get a stiker a ball to the humber of times it ends up in the net just isn't good enough.

Sorry, you've lost me Jonney. I know we lost. Our recent performances were labelled as 'damage limitation'. I disagreed. I know all to well that wwe can batter teams for 90 minutes and get nothing. It's happened less this year, but still too many. We certainly need an RVP/Rooney/Aguero purchase this summer. The number of times we get a stiker a ball to the humber of times it ends up in the net just isn't good enough.

I thought adebayor was the answer to that for spurs?

Agree on the Liverpool, but still can't think of any others where we haven't played our normal style. I agree we aren't at our best, but to label it a 'Damage limitation style' is way off the mark.

Agree with that! It's not as if Spurs haven't been trying to win the games. The things that crop up in some peoples minds amazes me. Spurs were terrible against Liverpool and very disappointing but to say stupid stuff like that is beyond me.

I thought adebayor was the answer to that for spurs?

No, he holds it up well and helps create more chnaces than we used to, but he's not the one to be banging them in left right and centre. I think sometimes he thinks more about teeing somebody else up than he does about having a go himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom