Premier League 2012/13 cont'd ................

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Reaction score
Play nice please, no name calling etc etc, read the stickies

afankoo

WHU my beloved hammers are doing well this year, the long ball looks like its being fazed out, which is good.

Were desperate for defender's as that's our only poor point at the moment, but all is good for now.

WHU my beloved hammers are doing well this year, the long ball looks like its being fazed out, which is good.

Were desperate for defender's as that's our only poor point at the moment, but all is good for now.

yup. far from the boring long ball. they are good to watch. i have 2 players in my fantasy footy regularly getting me good points! :)

havent you had quite a few clean sheets?!

I watch them through gaps in my fingers, as soon as the ball heads towards our end, i start to worry. Corners etc are ok as the team are behind the ball but on a counter for example i fear our defence.

I watch them through gaps in my fingers, as soon as the ball heads towards our end, i start to worry. Corners etc are ok as the team are behind the ball but on a counter for example i fear our defence.

i get the same with DDG in goal for us. capt. flappy hands.

It's all very well saying that but you've started the thread title calling us conts :devil: :D
Thread title edited for [-]Rorifett[/-] the more sensitive among us :D

Thanks john I sincerely hope everyone takes back all those things they said about you too now :devil: hehe

Attachments

• bob.jpg
    bob.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 66
Yep, two top teams in Merseyside back them battling it out for the title ! The blues never got a fair crack at Europe with that team ! What do you think for Sunday, home win?

Thought I'd quote you over to this thread! :D

I'm not sure about Sunday to be honest, after the first international break I'd have said I was hopeful to have a 2 or 3 goal advantage over your lot after the 90 mins, Fellaini getting injured and slight loss of momentum/form for a couple of players has dampenened that though along with Pienaar's suspension.

Rumours are Felli and Gibson might be available for selection, if true and we can get Mirallas performing well on the left and Naismith to put in a shift on the right (or vice versa as Coleman and Mirallas were looking good on the right) then I'm hoping we squeeze the win.

Fingers crossed it's a good game of football though and Suarez doesn't dive to get anyone sent off again like Rodwell the other year - I'm also hopeful Moyes goes out to win rather than to not lose like last season - it's served us well in the past but I think we're a) not as good defensively as we used to be and b) much better going forward so think we should play to our strengths.

How you feeling about it?

I'm not sure about Sunday to be honest, after the first international break I'd have said I was hopeful to have a 2 or 3 goal advantage over your lot after the 90 mins, Fellaini getting injured and slight loss of momentum/form for a couple of players has dampenened that though along with Pienaar's suspension.

Rumours are Felli and Gibson might be available for selection, if true and we can get Mirallas performing well on the left and Naismith to put in a shift on the right (or vice versa as Coleman and Mirallas were looking good on the right) then I'm hoping we squeeze the win.

Fingers crossed it's a good game of football though and Suarez doesn't dive to get anyone sent off again like Rodwell the other year - I'm also hopeful Moyes goes out to win rather than to not lose like last season - it's served us well in the past but I think we're a) not as good defensively as we used to be and b) much better going forward so think we should play to our strengths.

i will be cheering on the toffees for this game!

then the real game is on afterwards :laugh:

cancelled sky sports the other month as we are trying to cut back at present. then found out at weekend that my old v+ box can still get it! so i now have 2 virgin boxes in the lounge... wonder if i can just swap the cards over? i dont want to lose this lovely free football! :thumbsup:

I'm worried to be honest. There's a rumour Rodgers is going to put a strong team out tonight which could put us at risk to being tired, flat or injured on Sunday. As exciting as some of the new young lads are this is a different ball game that will be 100mph and intense ! If Shelvey plays he's a red card candidate (I always thought he was even before the sending off against Man U)...and someone always gets a red card in this game !! As for Suarez, well I just hope he gets the penalties he so obviously deserves ;)

Form does go out the window on these occasions, but a lot of our team are completely inexperienced in derby games as is our manager, so to me you are the favourites....ie. I'm prepared for the worst !!

I may be wrong but Liverpool always seem to do well against Everton at Goodison and I think they'll get a least a draw

We did well under Kenny, but Hodgson got beat badly and Rafa had the odd bad day as well

not sure about united v chelsea

our defence is a bit shaky and mata is on fire. hopefully we can outscore them...

Everton don't do well as favourites either as Si was only to keen to point out last year before we got gubbed lol

Re: Willian...

Just out of interest, why do you make that assumption?

They have a surplus of players of that ilk.

I thought Chelsea's 'priorities' in their latest round of Russian play-thing cherry-pickings were a striker (e.g. the most expensive no-brainer possible one around, like Falcao) and according to you forum members a defensive midfielder.

Unless you think Willian is needed as urgent 'cover' or those other old chestnuts, 'squad depth' or 'competition for places'.

:)

djdhrubs said:
They have a surplus of players of that ilk.

I thought Chelsea's 'priorities' in their latest round of Russian play-thing cherry-pickings were a striker (e.g. the most expensive no-brainer possible one around, like Falcao) and according to you forum members a defensive midfielder.

Unless you think Willian is needed as urgent 'cover' or those other old chestnuts, 'squad depth' or 'competition for places'.

:)

I tend to agree that we're already flush in the midfield department. Maybe not a surplus as we have a big schedule of games (hopefully).

Can't complain too much about our squad though we could do with a striker that doesn't sulk.

Squad depth is hardly an old chestnut. You've only got to look around and see some posts from other big club supporters bemoaning the lack of depth beyond 1st teamers, to see that its valid and needed to sustain real challenges on all fronts. But again, not sure another flair attacking midfielder should be our priority.

Back to the normality of the Premier League, hurrah!

Who's off to a Premier League game this weekend?

Any Swans making the journey up to the home of the Champions?

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom