Premier League 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was talking with a friend earlier about Hendersons importance in L'pools midfield.

Saw a stat yesterday that since he has gone to CB, we have lost 7 out of 13 games, and not because he has played poorly. Yet has played 12 times in midfield this season and we have lost none.

I then just read that in last 3 and half years we have only lost 4 games in EPL when he has played midfield.

His covering in particular is missed a lot, especially to the full backs. Does a lot of 'donkey' work that's really important.

Obviously it's not just that, but he is really missed in our midfield when he isn't there.

Don't get too excited yet @IL Cattivo as there's still some hoops to jump through.

But hopefully it goes to plan - literally!

I was talking with a friend earlier about Hendersons importance in L'pools midfield.

Saw a stat yesterday that since he has gone to CB, we have lost 7 out of 13 games, and not because he has played poorly. Yet has played 12 times in midfield this season and we have lost none.

I then just read that in last 3 and half years we have only lost 4 games in EPL when he has played midfield.

His covering in particular is missed a lot, especially to the full backs. Does a lot of 'donkey' work that's really important.

Obviously it's not just that, but he is really missed in our midfield when he isn't there.
Stop playing him in defence then maybe? I mean, if you've got access to that information then surely the data analysts at Liverpool do.

Given that stat you'd be better playing literally anyone else at CB. Put Firmino there, probably be as useful. The Origi can get his rightful place up front back.

Also, the Everton stadium looks great and great location by the looks of things. A stadium on the water almost. Very cool

Stop playing him in defence then maybe? I mean, if you've got access to that information then surely the data analysts at Liverpool do.
Well now we have more cover then when he does come back I hope he isn't put into defence, was hoping the last game it would happen, in fact I hope him and Fabinho go back to the midfield. The ones we have may not be too good but they are centre backs, plus the way we play in a controlling fashion they are quite well protected, it's the full backs that need better help to help them as well.

Yes - surely it would make sense to play a defender in defence so their effective midfielder could remain being effective in midfield. Rather than break up a winning midfield to patch up a defence which will still be makeshift.

Yes - surely it would make sense to play a defender in defence so their effective midfielder could remain being effective in midfield. Rather than break up a winning midfield to patch up a defence which will still be makeshift.

All Liverpool fans are crying out for it. It's painful seeing the team sheet and seeing Henderson in defence.

It's not just this season either, there's a consistent pattern of Liverpool losing when Henderson is not in midfield.

Probably all moot points anyway if its true he’s out till April.

I get there are players that are vital to team success but you also have to question this stat as well.

It can obviously be coincidental, and I know how valuable he is to Liverpool, but surely can't just fall apart every single time he's not there?

I think there was a similar stat with Richarlison at Everton.

LEGEND......

𝗥𝗼𝘆 𝗞𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗲 didn’t sign Robbie Savage because of his phones voicemail.
“I got Robbie's number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: 'Hi, it's Robbie - whazzuppp!' Like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: 'I can't be f****** signing that”.

Marriner will give this

edit. - he didn’t. Correct decision

And shenanigans with the free kick, Southampton have another ref to add to their list..

I get there are players that are vital to team success but you also have to question this stat as well.

It can obviously be coincidental, and I know how valuable he is to Liverpool, but surely can't just fall apart every single time he's not there?

I think there was a similar stat with Richarlison at Everton.
Good point, we deffo dropped in form and goals when he wasn't playing. In addition to that point, many of us Evertonians are also hoping that the consistency seen at the beginning of the season returns once Allan comes back into the first team starting line-up. Since he's been out we've been all over the shop!!

Entertaining second half, Leeds could have had a couple more, Southampton wouldn't score if they went another hour..

check out gary neville's right hand.....

legend.

1614171478708.png

Last edited:
LEGEND......

𝗥𝗼𝘆 𝗞𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗲 didn’t sign Robbie Savage because of his phones voicemail.
“I got Robbie's number and rang him. It went to his voicemail: 'Hi, it's Robbie - whazzuppp!' Like the Budweiser ad. I never called him back. I thought: 'I can't be f****** signing that”.
Pure Roy. That spice boy Savage haircut should have been enough.

Hendo out til Apr

The curse of playing Everton this season has hit LFC bad!!

Yeah, that's what I thought too. I don't believe it's that recent a photo, if you look behind those guys you can see Sturridge & Lallana's names.

There’s a good quiz question with Craig Bellamy in it, I forget it now, something to do with players who scored for 7 or 8 premiership teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom