Premier League 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that ‘lots’ of challenges can be put into the ‘reckless’ bracket - they’re relatively few and far between, just as it should be at the highest professional level.

Without too much thought I can think of at least 3 reckless challenges from the Everton/Liverpool game and another 3 from the Utd Spurs game.

They aren't that rare.

Without too much thought I can think of at least 3 reckless challenges from the Everton/Liverpool game and another 3 from the Utd Spurs game.

They aren't that rare.

They are. You don’t see what Pickford, Richarlison and Shaw did on a regular basis. It just doesn’t happen.

In a way what Shaw did was probably the worst - couldn’t be arsed to put a tackle in so he just booted the player

Even if there is lots of other reckless challenges, L'pool fans still have a right to feel angry at the challenge. Just because other reckless challenges happen is completely irrelevant.

They are. You don’t see what Pickford, Richarlison and Shaw did on a regular basis. It just doesn’t happen.

In a way what Shaw did was probably the worst - couldn’t be arsed to put a tackle in so he just booted the player
Any studs up challenge is reckless, any tackle from behind is reckless, Kyle Walkers high boot was reckless. These things happen in every game but as has been said, very rarely do they cause a long term injury.

Any studs up challenge is reckless, any tackle from behind is reckless, Kyle Walkers high boot was reckless. These things happen in every game but as has been said, very rarely do they cause a long term injury.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree - what Pickford did on Saturday wasn’t just something that happens in every game.

Shaws was a tactical foul :D

Shaws was a tactical foul :D

The kind of foul you might do in a 5 a side with your mates - you’re thinking ‘i’m too knackered/unfit, fudge it i’ll just boot him’

The kind of foul you might do in a 5 a side with your mates - you’re thinking ‘i’m too knackered/unfit, fudge it i’ll just boot him’
Absolutely. And he would have deserved it too for being too quick the little shit.

I remember Solskjaer doing something similar back in his playing days. I believe Fergie absolutely killed him for it too.

WB and Burnley on PPV tonight

Be interesting to see the buy numbers in next few days

Pickford gets off scott free then, can't say I'm surprised with this shower, that run the PL.
On the flip side Everton keeping Pickford, is a ban in itself the guy will carry on being a liability for them.

That's what Robertson did to Allan. Completely off the ball.

Disgraceful decision about Pickford. I also missed this Robertson and Allan moment. Will have to have a look.

So yesterday's game really is now the worst example of refereeing and VAR I've seen to date.

Disgraceful decision about Pickford. I also missed this Robertson and Allan moment. Will have to have a look.

So yesterday's game really is now the worst example of refereeing and VAR I've seen to date.

There’s nothing to see - it’s one of those ‘yeah, but what about what he did to him’ after the outrage on the Pickford incident.

Even ex refs haven’t got a clue about the Mane offside. In separate interviews Clattenburg said it was, Keith Hackett says it wasn’t.

The effect on Laporte and the City squad was there for all to see last season.
Certainly City's title to lose now mate, we need to concentrate on getting top 4 if possible. Losing Virgil at the back cannot be underestimated, not only is he quality, he reassures everyone else alongside him, who play better with him there.

There’s nothing to see - it’s one of those ‘yeah, but what about what he did to him’ after the outrage on the Pickford incident.

Even ex refs haven’t got a clue about the Mane offside. In separate interviews Clattenburg said it was, Keith Hackett says it wasn’t.

You have to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker in an instance such as that. It's ridiculous otherwise and it'll ruin the game. Well it already is actually.

Certainly City's title to lose now mate, we need to concentrate on getting top 4 if possible. Losing Virgil at the back cannot be underestimated, not only is he quality, he reassures everyone else alongside him, who play better with him there.

Are you being serious, on both issues?!

Are you being serious, on both issues?!
Yes. So you think we won't struggle at the back, even more now. Look at the goals we conceded against Everton, once he went off.

Matip apparently went for a scan after Everton game, too.

Yes. So you think we won't struggle at the back, even more now. Look at the goals we conceded against Everton, once he went off.

We might do. We also might be perfectly fine. I’m more concerned about lack of numbers now rather than the quality of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom