Premier League 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two kids under 3 so he was correct

Not watched any footie this weekend but I see we capitulated again. And again with a little bit of help from Kepa.

At least Werner finally scored and two to boot. A bullet dodged by Liverpool !
And Havertz scores again, continuing his good form.

Not watched any footie this weekend but I see we capitulated again. And again with a little bit of help from Kepa.

At least Werner finally scored and two to boot. A bullet dodged by Liverpool !
And Havertz scores again, continuing his good form.

Werner only scored because I made him captain in my fantasy team.

It's like a voodoo doll, if I want him to have a shit game I'll take it away from him :D

Ross Barkley scores the only goal and winner
@faiz0 is not having a good footie weekend :p

Maybe you should have kept him
Nah. Enough midfielders to score goals. Defenders we need.
I’m hoping his good form convinced Villa to buy him come end of season

Listening to sky earlier and they said Van Dijk had started the last 94 PL games !! Wow what a stat that is.
Wishing him a speedy recovery from a horrible injury.

Going by similar injuries to other Liverpool players in the last few years he could be out for 7-12 months. Hopefully it’s nowhere near as bad as that.

At least the news on Thiago and Allison sounds more positive.
Let's see how we get on Weds eve in Amsterdam. Hopefully this set back will have a positive impact on the mentality and togetherness of the squad? Up the reds

Last season both Laporte and Sane suffered the same injury. It’s at least 7 months. Laporte was able to return because of the delayed season but he’s not been totally right. After such a long lay off you tend to get other muscular injuries niggling for a while. He missed the weekend for that reason.

With that timescale his season is basically done.

Yep, maybe the Euro's too probably.

Big shame on a few levels.

This kind of injury is a potential career ender.

Physically it won't ever be 100% again. Psychologically it could be damaging and affect in future how he plays. Could be wary of going in hard, worried about doing damage again. This happens to players when they get a bad injury, sometimes they're never the same again.

There will be an awful lot of work to do physically and mentally for the rest of the season.

With the team as well. Who will be rocked by the news.

The effect on Laporte and the City squad was there for all to see last season.

With that timescale his season is basically done.
Yeah unfortunately you would say so. He’ll probably want to concentrate on getting fit for Holland, if that’s possible.
Sane did his in the charity shield and never played again.

Hopefully if something positive is to come out of the injurt it's that Pickford thinks twice about having more brain farts.

Injuries happen, part of the game, but how it came about angers me, I think it's worse in a way then a player being angry and going in studs up. Was just such a dumb thing to do and fact he thought he was doing the right thing makes it worse.

There’s no way Pickford intended to hurt VVD. It’s one of those “jump like a starfish” Schmeichel things gone wrong.

It was incredibly reckless though, I don't think there was any intent, but was still reckless.

It was incredibly reckless though, I don't think there was any intent, but was still reckless.
Absolutely. Lots of challenges can be put into that bracket. Fortunately not all end with injuries.

Did VAR miss Robertson’s tackle on Allan as well by the way ?

Not sure that ‘lots’ of challenges can be put into the ‘reckless’ bracket - they’re relatively few and far between, just as it should be at the highest professional level.

Keepers do seem to get a lot more leniency with those types of actions. Generally accepted that they can come rushing out like loons. It's unfortunate but you'll see it happen a fair few times across a weekend, they just don't end up injuring people usually.

I don't see many stupid reckless ones like Pickfords though, it was dumb and over the top, it really gets worse every time you see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom