Premier League 20/21

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The furore is at a different level. This has been happening for a season or two, champions league included.
Now all of a sudden, we need a review.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Some very strange comments in here today. Everyone here I believe has said for a long time that VAR needs to get it's sh*t together, there's no all of a sudden about it.

Any furore is over a potential career ending tackle going completely unchallenged by every official there was.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Some very strange comments in here today. Everyone here I believe has said for a long time that VAR needs to get it's sh*t together, there's no all of a sudden about it.

Any furore is over a potential career ending tackle going completely unchallenged by every official there was.
exactly, fans of every team have been calling VAR for daft decisions. But those decisions have been due to shocking offside decisions of armpits and arse cheeks being offside.

this time a player has sustained what looks like a fairly serious injury and said tackle could have done more damage. So rightly things have ramped up a notch, the club involoved is irrelevant

richp007

Distinguished Member
If Pickford doesn't get a retrospective ban there's something gone even more seriously wrong. Especially as we had another horror tackle in the same game that produced a red card no problem.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
West Ham cup final:( not started well .

Dony

Distinguished Member
exactly, fans of every team have been calling VAR for daft decisions. But those decisions have been due to shocking offside decisions of armpits and arse cheeks being offside.

this time a player has sustained what looks like a fairly serious injury and said tackle could have done more damage. So rightly things have ramped up a notch, the club involoved is irrelevant
Was it irrelevant when Andy Robertson injured Tanganga?

No one is saying anything other than yesterdays challenge was a very bad one, but don't try and say it's the only time VAR haven't picked up on a nasty challenge.

Kane to Son 1 -0.

scrowe

I am in support of questioning how on earth VAR did not intervene in the tackle being dangerous and violent conduct, or whatever the correct category is that VAR is supposed to be allowed to judge on. But I’ve seen just as much if not more ludicrous proclamations (not necessarily here) that the offside was the worst ever decision in the history of VAR offsides, or was in fact incorrectly ruled by VAR, as if it’s somehow now worthy of high level investigation that takes right emphasis of the one decision that does warrant an explanation.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Congrats to @Bloodzeed and Mrs Blood on the birth of a baby Bloodz the first 9 months is tough going then you have the honeymoon period and then the nightmare teen years:laugh:. Enjoy

clydebest

Distinguished Member
Christ West Ham are going to get murdered this week.:(

richp007

Distinguished Member
I am in support of questioning how on earth VAR did not intervene in the tackle being dangerous and violent conduct, or whatever the correct category is that VAR is supposed to be allowed to judge on. But I’ve seen just as much if not more ludicrous proclamations (not necessarily here) that the offside was the worst ever decision in the history of VAR offsides, or was in fact incorrectly ruled by VAR, as if it’s somehow now worthy of high level investigation that takes right emphasis of the one decision that does warrant an explanation.
It's on par with the worst as he's actually level for me. But the real issue is the amount of time that was spent on that in relation to the tackle. Which as we know was a big fat zero. Why I mentioned before about two extremes being both in the same game. So it is the most memorable match for me in terms of exposing VAR's flaws. As well as officiating I guess too. With another red card decision seemingly being made correctly and without any issue.

It's bonkers basically.

clydebest

Distinguished Member
As i wrote.. Kane again.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Was it irrelevant when Andy Robertson injured Tanganga?

No one is saying anything other than yesterdays challenge was a very bad one, but don't try and say it's the only time VAR haven't picked up on a nasty challenge.

Kane to Son 1 -0.
Err yea they are saying otherwise, there’s an intimation that people are only crowing so much about it now because it’s Liverpool

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Is Jose turning turning Harry into the most complete striker ever? I’m not sure but I didn’t think he could improve but he just gets better.

I don’t think we’ve been 3-0 at half time good but it makes a difference when your strikers are deadly in front of goal

scrowe

Is Jose turning turning Harry into the most complete striker ever? I’m not sure but I didn’t think he could improve but he just gets better.

I don’t think we’ve been 3-0 at half time good but it makes a difference when your strikers are deadly in front of goal
More turning him into a better Teddy Sheringham. I’m starting to see signs of real improvement across the board with this refreshed squad.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom