Premier League 20/21

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
That's a stunner too.

For all the negativity prematch, justifiably, it's been a good performance. Can Donny please start every game for a while Ole?
I actually didn’t think they played that well and thought the score line massively flattered them but the result will do them the world of good

rustybin

Distinguished Member
I actually didn’t think they played that well and thought the score line massively flattered them but the result will do them the world of good
Utd absolutely battered them. Missed a pen. Scored Newcastle's only goal. Had a goal disallowed. Had two cleared off the line and still scored 4 legitimate goals. 27 shots, 13 on target.

Of course Utd played well by any standards.

And it was an exciting game.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Utd absolutely battered them. Missed a pen. Scored Newcastle's only goal. Had a goal disallowed. Had two cleared off the line and still scored 4 legitimate goals. 27 shots, 13 on target.

Of course Utd played well by any standards.

And it was an exciting game.
Hardly battered them 😂
Jon Joe Shelvey best player on pitch for 80mins. They fell apart after Bruno’s goal on 86

jdevil

Distinguished Member
Today my son was born at 6am 🥰

8 pounds 6
Congrats Bloodzeed and to your partner.

It was my Birthday yesterday and my wife surprised me with some great news, turned out she's 3 weeks pregnant. 😇
She had only found out the day before, what a birthday. 😅

Dony

Distinguished Member
Congrats Bloodzeed and to your partner.

It was my Birthday yesterday and my wife surprised me with some great news, turned out she's 3 weeks pregnant. 😇
She had only found out the day before, what a birthday. 😅
Congrats to you both. :thumbsup:

Amph

Distinguished Member
Footy eh? Many years ago when I was a regular I told you all Chelsea would field the youngster and here I am to say I told you so. Years I waited to be able so say it. Years!!!!
Told you so and God does it feel gooooo...... Nope. I mean it does but obviously its sort of not the point is it. Nothing quite like the club's own being so involved... Sure fire success. 👍

So anyway, I dunno I might be here for a bit. I might not. But I wanted to wish you all well whilst I dropped by and would be daft not to congratulate @Bloodzeed for the little one.

And Liverpool for last year.

And Southampton for having watched any Chelsea game under Lampards tenure.

But mainly Bloodzeed.

Edit... and @jdevil 👍

Anyone else I need to congratulate from the past 2 years or so?

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
I’m clinging on to this as long as I possibly can. :laugh:
Top of the league!

faiz0

Distinguished Member
Footy eh? Many years ago when I was a regular I told you all Chelsea would field the youngster and here I am to say I told you so. Years I waited to be able so say it. Years!!!!
Told you so and God does it feel gooooo...... Nope. I mean it does but obviously its sort of not the point is it. Nothing quite like the club's own being so involved... Sure fire success. 👍

So anyway, I dunno I might be here for a bit. I might not. But I wanted to wish you all well whilst I dropped by and would be daft not to congratulate @Bloodzeed for the little one.

And Liverpool for last year.

And Southampton for having watched any Chelsea game under Lampards tenure.

But mainly Bloodzeed.

Edit... and @jdevil 👍

Anyone else I need to congratulate from the past 2 years or so?
Welcome back!

You could congratulate @rustybin for Utd reaching three semi finals last year.

Panavision

Everton banned yet? Despicable team. Tried to end Origi's career a few years ago, now Virgil and Thiago. Shocking fouls. Career ending fouls. It's not even about Liverpool, if I see those fouls in any team I would be angry.

Steven

Senior Moderator
It was an awful challenge but any insinuation Pickford deliberately set out to hurt a fellow professional is wide of the mark and frankly a distraction from the real issue. Some players are just that rubbish. The officials, Michael Oliver, the linesman and David Coote on VAR duty, were an absolute disgrace. Players have a duty of care to their fellow professionals. Not citing a challenge like that is failing basic responsibility to the game

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
It was an awful challenge but any insinuation Pickford deliberately set out to hurt a fellow professional is wide of the mark and frankly a distraction from the real issue. Some players are just that rubbish. The officials, Michael Oliver, the linesman and David Coote on VAR duty, were an absolute disgrace. Players have a duty of care to their fellow professionals. Not citing a challenge like that is failing basic responsibility to the game
It was an out of control tackle and he nearly snapped virj in half, that for me is the real issue. How he hasnt broke his leg I don’t know.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I think yesterday's match was perhaps the most perfect example yet of the farce that is officiating now.

Between that challenge and the lack of officiating, to the joke that was the Mane offside and the "over officiating" we saw, it's highlighted that VAR is still very problematic. The application and interpretation of it's usage.

Dony

Distinguished Member
I think yesterday's match was perhaps the most perfect example yet of the farce that is officiating now.

Between that challenge and the lack of officiating, to the joke that was the Mane offside and the "over officiating" we saw, it's highlighted that VAR is still very problematic. The application and interpretation of it's usage.
Can't agree with that. Yesterday's match was the most recent example but there's been many farcical decisions that we've all been left baffled by prior to yesterday's game.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Can't agree with that. Yesterday's match was the most recent example but there's been many farcical decisions that we've all been left baffled by prior to yesterday's game.
True, but yesterday had the two extremes in the one game. Beginning and end. I can't think of a worse offside decision or a worse challenge that's gone unpunished in the same game.

scrowe

Of course, it has to be noted, that VAR to-date has been perfectly fine, but now it has gone against Liverpool, there is doubt a high-level enquiry and urgent action is needed.

scrowe

I agree, it’s problematic because the same old referees are just as incompetent in consistently applying the rules, even with the benefit of action replays, slow-motion and crayons to draw with.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Of course, it has to be noted, that VAR to-date has been perfectly fine, but now it has gone against Liverpool, there is doubt a high-level enquiry and urgent action is needed.
indeed, heads must now roll. :D

Steven

Senior Moderator
I realise you are poking fun. We are not referring to disallowed goals, which is bad enough, but about serious foul play. I have not batted an eyelid about the disallowed Henderson goal. It sucks but that happens. An absolute disgrace covers this. That Tottenham chap got sent off for caressing another player's face the other week. Pffft. The officials are why I read the F1 threads instead

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published