Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vardy goal as well, for some reason they were only looking at if Perez kicked it. Didn't look like they were looking at the goalscorer at all for some reason

Odd game. Many Arsenal fans are convinced Vardy should have got a red in the first half for a 'kick out' at Mustafi (the scars on Mustafi's face are pretty clear).
The VAR intervention on the red card was 'odd' - seems like the VAR official made the decision and asked the referee to 'validate' which he then did with a short look at one angle of the incident. I think it was a red, but the process didn't seem right to me.
Agree, seeing as though the ref ran over to the screen you’d have thought he’d have had a proper look at it.

I thought Dier would get 3 games, so not sure how they've applied the 4th rule. But it is what it is.

Can't get away with that.

And besides, are Spurs fans really that bothered? :laugh: I'm not sure you'll notice a great deal without him for those games.

It's definitely not that clear cut

20200708_131453.jpg

Assuming that's the moment when the ball is played (?) then Vardy's shoulder looks past the yellow line, current interpretation = offside.

Its another example of inconsistency - its close but I've seen many similar examples given offside.

I think they've been tinkering with VAR with next season in mind..

I saw something earlier regarding rule changes for next year. An interesting one was that there would be no booking for a player if an advantage had been played. I'm sure this will just encourage players to try and break up play through tactical fold tho so don't get the reasoning behind that

Odd game. Many Arsenal fans are convinced Vardy should have got a red in the first half for a 'kick out' at Mustafi (the scars on Mustafi's face are pretty clear).
The VAR intervention on the red card was 'odd' - seems like the VAR official made the decision and asked the referee to 'validate' which he then did with a short look at one angle of the incident. I think it was a red, but the process didn't seem right to me.

Vardy's equaliser appeared offside, again, it took an age but there didn't appear to be a full and detailed analysis of the 'lines and bodies'??

Honestly felt vardy's kick was accidental, I've only seen it the once. Really didn't think much of it at the time.

As for the process to for the Arsenal red, I thought it was done correctly, I don't buy the excuses arteta came out with saying he doesn't know the rules or nvr seen a ref at a monitor before because when it has, the press plaster it on all the pages.

The equaliser was tight but the other angle which looking from the corner flag looked like it was inside.

Honestly felt vardy's kick was accidental, I've only seen it the once. Really didn't think much of it at the time.

As for the process to for the Arsenal red, I thought it was done correctly, I don't buy the excuses arteta came out with saying he doesn't know the rules or nvr seen a ref at a monitor before because when it has, the press plaster it on all the pages.

The equaliser was tight but the other angle which looking from the corner flag looked like it was inside.
Some of the videos I've seen seem to show Vardy checking where Mustafi is before 'moving his leg in an exaggerated manner'.

Last edited:
Some of the videos I've seen seem to show Vardy checking where Mustafi before 'moving his leg in an exaggerated manner'.

yea looks bad there, i wasnt following the analysis.

if it was intentional, it can only be a rush of blood moment but still worthy of punishment, how can he justify doing such an action when his club is heavily relient on him in their current position to get CL football. would be an idiotic move

yea looks bad there, i wasnt following the analysis.

if it was intentional, it can only be a rush of blood moment but still worthy of punishment, how can he justify doing such an action when his club is heavily relient on him in their current position to get CL football. would be an idiotic move
This is where slow motion and various angles often make things look worse than they really are. That said, Vardy appears to be 'in control' of what he is doing here.

This is where slow motion and various angles often make things look worse than they really are. That said, Vardy appears to be 'in control' of what he is doing here.

Just your luck i guess last night, chelsea had all the luck in their game yesterday, prob had all the luck in London last night!

Can they look at it again if VAR/ref ok’d or missed it?

Just your luck i guess last night, chelsea had all the luck in their game yesterday, prob had all the luck in London last night!
They say the luck evens out, I'm not sure that's actually the case though. Some sides do seem to be more favoured than others.
Biggest issue is still that the referees in this country are awful - they lose control of games, focus on the wrong things, and are horribly inconsistent. For me VAR highlights and reinforces how bad they are rather than improving decision making.
I still feel that the on-field officials should give decisions, VAR reviews for 'clear and obvious' mistakes, so, say 30 seconds, 3 or 4 angles. If you take 2/3 minutes to review is it 'clear and obvious'??

Can they look at it again if VAR/ref ok’d or missed it?
They can, whether they will is a different thing entirely.
Arsenal could appeal the Nketiah red - other VAR decisions have been successfully overturned on review (Basham, Son) - especially since the ref gave a yellow first.

Last edited:
Who, Mustafi for 'initiating contact'??
No, Vardy. United have Leicester last day of the season so if we can get him banned for 4 games that would be ace.

Might as well ban Mustafi as well though. Just because.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom