Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a run currently as well. Not as good as that one but still

That Klopp is a mastermind I tell ya.

Too smart for the rest

clever.gif

See Danny Murphy’s apologised. Fair enough, like he says it was just a poor choice of words.

What was the fuss about? I respect City for giving us the guard of honour. They don't have to do it, so they get my respect.

The ‘fuss’ was about the Liverpool players not being fit to lace KDB’s boots, which was a particularly stupid thing to say

What's the outlook for Spurs the rest of the season? Given up on CL and hoping to sneak Europa? Surprised how poor they've been this season, reminds me of us in 2014-15 after coming so close the prev one.

What's the outlook for Spurs the rest of the season? Given up on CL and hoping to sneak Europa? Surprised how poor they've been this season, reminds me of us in 2014-15 after coming so close the prev one.

This has been a disastrous season right from the off. I wouldn't say we've given up on CL, but we would need a miraculous finish to the season to even get 5th and maybe sneak in on the back of the City ruling if it's upheld.
There's rumours of a number of out of contract players being linked, and given the financial restraints I can't see much money being spent in the summer so it's up to Mourinho to prove he still has it.

My glass is very much half empty at the moment.

This has been a disastrous season right from the off. I wouldn't say we've given up on CL, but we would need a miraculous finish to the season to even get 5th and maybe sneak in on the back of the City ruling if it's upheld.
There's rumours of a number of out of contract players being linked, and given the financial restraints I can't see much money being spent in the summer so it's up to Mourinho to prove he still has it.

In a way you are lucky not much money is floating around now, if everyone was financially in a normal place, you would probably be losing 1/2 of your best players.
As it is, noone will pay what Levy wants, so you will keep your current best 11.

I dunmo. On the flip side, they are probably in a position where they need to sell to buy. So they may be forced to take lower fees on the players they are selling. If that was their plan. Its all relative tho.

Before Covid kicked off there was talk that Jose could only look at the free agent market so not sure that much has changed for them.

If Jose thought he had it tough at United then he really won't be happy right now. As Dony said its up to him to prove how good he really is now

Nope he is a massive Liverpool fan as well as a ex-player.. he just used the wrong words .

Murphy went onto explain how some of the Liverpool players being clapped out by Kevin De Bruyne aren’t even fit to lace the Belgian midfielder’s boots.

“Kevin De Bruyne is the best midfielder, probably, in the world, and he’s clapping his hands and giving a guard of honour to players who can’t even lace his boots,” the ex-Reds midfielder added.

WTF?

Sounds like a jealous player who didn't win the league. I wonder which players he is talking about here...?

So as reports said, he basically followed the money above all else then. No wonder Klopp pulled out, he won't have a player joining with that in mind first. I expected we offered alot less than Chelsea are paying him.
Did you read what he said ? Money played a marginal role. He chose to come to Chelsea as it suits him better. He will have a more definite and purposeful role.
Other than paper talk, this is straight out the horses mouth.
Or may be you prefer to make up your headlines

Last edited:
I love how anyone who dares criticise anything related to Liverpool at the moment are considered to be jealous or bitter.

Or maybe Murphy just thinks Henderson isn't quite as good as De Bruyne.

I don't agree about the guard of honour thing tho. It's a sign of respect. Liverpool have earned it. What he said was out if turn but to label him jealous is most likely wrong to be honest

I’m not sure how jealousy can be inferred from what he said. It was clumsy, he’s apologised.

I love how anyone who dares criticise anything related to Liverpool at the moment are considered to be jealous or bitter.

On the contrary, fans of other clubs continue to have a dig at us but get precious when their club gets criticism.

How do you know he's talking about Henderson? He was talking about a few players but didn't mention their names.

I don't agree about the guard of honour thing tho. It's a sign of respect. Liverpool have earned it. What he said was out if turn but to label him jealous is most likely wrong to be honest

Bitter, tbh.

I'd be interested in knowing exactly what Levy said to Mourinho when he took over. With regards to funds/transfers etc.

Things obviously a bit different now with the virus, but Mourinho isn't the type of manager whose happy not spending if he has to. His remit was clearly to get Spurs back in the CL, but he must surely have said I'll need to invest to do so.

Levy's not that kind of guy! So I can't imagine Levy said no you'll have to do it with who we've got pretty much.

The guys a plonker and he's showing huge disrespect as an ex-Liverpool player as well by being on TalkSport. Murdoch owns it.

So him and his opinions can both do one to be honest. He's clueless anyway, terrible pundit. Always thought so before this anyway.

Really? After winning CL,Super & World Club trophies,they've walked the league in an incredibly emphatic fashion. Not sure there's much to criticise the Champions for so for Murphy to insult winners like that does sound a bit bitter.

Murphy is a red but he was bitter when Rafa came and binned him straight off. I liked him as a player but he was always a little one paced to be top class. Scored 3 winning goals at OT though, that's some going so thank you Danny for that.

In a way you are lucky not much money is floating around now, if everyone was financially in a normal place, you would probably be losing 1/2 of your best players.
As it is, noone will pay what Levy wants, so you will keep your current best 11.

Perhaps, though the media and opposing fans have been selling our best players every transfer window and it rarely happens until the club decide if the time/price is right.

Perhaps, though the media and opposing fans have been selling our best players every transfer window and it rarely happens until the club decide if the time/price is right.
True, unless they want out like Eriksen recently.
Next season will certainly be Kane's last with you though, if you don't do anything of note.
Heck even not playing in the CL, would get him somewhat annoyed, but I'll guess he will have to suck it up.

If Kane can't keep fit next season who is going to buy him

Any big injuries next season no one is going to pay what levy wants

Especially on a long contract

If Kane can't keep fit next season who is going to buy him

And big injuries next season no one is going to pay what levy wants

Especially on a long contract
But the player won't want to stay without a big trophy in his career, he will most certainly force a move, tbh surprised he hasn't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom