Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh I remember that, think it may have been Jeff (thfccambs) could be wrong though.

Also wasn't he just a German version of Ramos 🤣

The team he has built at Liverpool will go down as one of the great Liverpool teams imo.

I'm back to work so playing catch-up on the thread but I just want to clarify the Ramos comparison given that some find it hilarious. As has already been said, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but when used to rubbish someone's opinion 5 yrs after the event I think it's worth explaining (again).

Ramos joined Spurs of the back of 2 successive European trophies. He had also mixed it up with the old established teams in La Liga. His stock was very high at that time, much like Klopp on the back of his successes in Germany.
He then joined Spurs at the end of October and took us to the Carling Cup in Feb, where we beat a very good Chelsea side in the final. Klopp came up a bit short in his attempt, but just by getting to the final in his first season, it was a comparable feat to Ramos.
Ramos, for a short period at least, brought the feel good factor back to the fans, winning a trophy and beating Arsenal 5-1 was testament to that. Again this is something the Liverpool fans can relate to with Klopp.

Unlike Klopp, he wasn't given any time and at the 1st sign of trouble, Levy did what Levy does and sacked him.

So to say at the time of his appointment and early career at Liverpool that Klopp could be a German version of Ramos I was hardly going out on a limb. There were obvious similarities to each appointment. The big difference was Liverpool backed their manager and didn't have a knee jerk reaction to a bad run of form like Levy did (8 games into a new season).

Timo Werner yesterday:

“The best clubs fought for me.Inter, Manchester United and Liverpool wanted me? Yes, I could have gone to these teams too.

The entire Chelsea package in the end, however, turned out to be the best in my career. Money played a marginal role.

"For me, money was never a decisive factor, otherwise I could have gone to China.

"Chelsea is a leading club in European football. There is a team of great quality, we want to get to the top. I don’t regret my decision for even a second

King Klopp still rattling cages :D

I hope he keeps rattling them for a long time though. Raised the bar again this season, and there's only Pep who has any chance of keeping up I think. I think Chelsea are worth keeping an eye on too if only for Werner and Ziyech.

Timo Werner yesterday:

“The best clubs fought for me.Inter, Manchester United and Liverpool wanted me? Yes, I could have gone to these teams too.

The entire Chelsea package in the end, however, turned out to be the best in my career. Money played a marginal role.

"For me, money was never a decisive factor, otherwise I could have gone to China.

"Chelsea is a leading club in European football. There is a team of great quality, we want to get to the top. I don’t regret my decision for even a second
So as reports said, he basically followed the money above all else then. No wonder Klopp pulled out, he won't have a player joining with that in mind first. I expected we offered alot less than Chelsea are paying him.

It clearly says money was not a decisive factor. You never know, Lampard could have sold him on the idea of taking Chelsea back to the top, being a core part of the team, working with players of all similar ages and ambition ........ don't just put it down to money because he didn't choose Liverpool.

Or maybe he wanted to live in London.

One more on Klopp, which no doubt some on here agreed with at the time - ‘German cheerleader’.

Haven’t heard from Barton for a while. Is he inside?

So as reports said, he basically followed the money above all else then. No wonder Klopp pulled out, he won't have a player joining with that in mind first. I expected we offered alot less than Chelsea are paying him.
[/QUOT

🤔🤔🤔

Liverpool are Champions ! It's great to type that, i couldn't last time, the Internet didn't exist.

20200630_125638.jpg

@faiz0 What's the pic, got a red cross, won't show it on my phone ?

Dunno, my post ended up being a mess.

I do like your interpretation of ‘its not about the money’ though!

It clearly says money was not a decisive factor. You never know, Lampard could have sold him on the idea of taking Chelsea back to the top, being a core part of the team, working with players of all similar ages and ambition ........ don't just put it down to money because he didn't choose Liverpool.

Or maybe he wanted to live in London.
I agree - sure the money helps and he's likely getting what he was offered elsewhere, but playing for a team that will have some really good young attacking players, a manager that has won the lot and seems to be doing alright, likely first choice rather than competing for his place and living in London, one of the most exciting cities in Europe (certainly compared to Leipzig). Sounds reasonable enough to me.

And also not everyone can sign for one team. Liverpool will be linked to loads of players, not all of them Liverpool will want, not all of them will want Liverpool.

Desperation of some posters on here to get ‘one over’ on Liverpools recent success is amusing. The truth hurts unfortunately.....

Desperation of some posters on here to get ‘one over’ on Liverpools recent success is amusing. The truth hurts unfortunately.....
Not true at all - no desparation or trying to get one over. Plenty of teams have won the league. Some of them have even won trophies in the same season too - making their claim to be the best valid.

Plus, as I have said, the season is not over yet.

Remember Fekir for 60 million? Apparently it was his bad knee, but I reckon agents were taking the wee and Klopp pulled out of the deal. What's happened to him since? Playing for Real Betis, who bought him for 20 million in the end. No sign of any issues with his knee.

Remember Fekir for 60 million? Apparently it was his bad knee, but I reckon agents were taking the wee and Klopp pulled out of the deal. What's happened to him since? Playing for Real Betis, who bought him for 20 million in the end. No sign of any issues with his knee.
Brilliant from Klopp that

Agent fees are ridiculous. I bet the Werner deal was 55 million transfer fee plus 15 million agent fees + 150,000k a week.

Tough game for Utd - must win. It was exactly at this point of last season that the wheels fell off. 8/27 points from their last 9 games on the back of getting 32/36. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom