Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The self distancing queue at the Wolves Asda may be longer and slower on match days ;)

Have any other clubs announced their fixtures and which ones are at neutral venues, the picture I put up was off Facebook so I don't even know if it's correct 🤷‍♂️

See how much talk can be generated on here from a random post by some fella on Facebook

With no fans in the stadiums home advantage,apart from less travelling is pretty much no longer as important anyway.
I’m still gutted - I know one lad who hasn’t missed a home game in 40 years. Bet there are loads of fans across all the clubs with stories like that. It’s upsetting.

Looks like there will be quite a few matches shown as "free-to-air" through various broadcasters. Apologies if this has been mentioned before but I'm not trawling back through the other 556 pages to check! :rotfl:

"In total, 33 of those matches will be free-to-air."

Perhaps we don't need to buy another Now TV pass quite yet in order to get our football fix then... :thumbsup:

Apparently a member of gteh Spurs squad has tested positive.

Apparently a member of gteh Spurs squad has tested positive.
Have they confirmed it’s a member of the playing squad?

Have they confirmed it’s a member of the playing squad?
Sorry, I was forwarding a message from a mate, he obviously didn’t read the article like I didn’t 🙄

If the Spurs one is a player and they have been in full training why aren’t all those involved isolating? Or are they doing what the police are doing and been told to ignore/not use the app, because they know that it would wipe out the police and also a team. Yet government advice is your civic duty to isolate.

With no fans in the stadiums home advantage,apart from less travelling is pretty much no longer as important anyway.
So again an unfair advantage will have been had in the corresponding fixture before.

The club haven't stated whether it was a player or another member of staff. The only rumour I've heard is that it's one of the academy lads. Take that with a huge pinch of salt though.

1591272321440.png

Stupid.

One thing changing the venues but literally changing the rules part way through a season is a joke. Plus it makes the game feel like friendlies even more

They're following the Bundesliga and yes, when the subs start coming out, it can feel like an international friendly where the coach wants to mix it up..

No financial expert but don't think this sounds great for Spurs

No financial expert but don't think this sounds great for Spurs

Spurs are in real trouble without Lady Gaga and the entertainment side of things for the stadium by the looks of it.

Guess that's no money for Mourinho anytime soon to improve the squad. He'll be gone come next summer. If not before.

Kane will be off as well I expect in the next season or two. Levy can get big bucks for him.

The loan is one of the BoE short term commercial loans provided to help businesses get through the pandemic so it's nothing to be concerned about yet. The club has said there's a possibility of losses over £200m due to loss of income from matches, non-football events and having to pay back TV money.
I would imagine there will be other clubs that are going to find themselves in the same situation if games stay behind closed doors for an extended period of time.
The debt and repayments on the stadium build are more of a concern that this loan is.

All clubs will face the same financial problem

Marcus Rashford in lockdown has

Started a charity that raised £20 million and helped feed 2.8 million children.

Launched a Christmas Box campaign with Selfridges to help Manchester's homeless.

Learned sign language to judge a poetry competition in a deaf school.

He's 22.

just told the wife she needs to move upstairs ;)

Didn't Man United take out a loan of £140m I'm sure most clubs will

Are those official fixtures as I thought Liverpool v Everton was going to be on the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom