Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did mean finish the season in a months playing time... Not back playing next month
Ah right I’m with you. So the league can play the remaining 10 league games each inside a month?

can we be done Playing twice a week can be done in 5 weeks

if they can get the prem back sure they can do 3 prem games a week could be done over a month
all depends how long it goes on for

no one knows so like i said all depends seems you know the answers
Have you seen where players are Fernandinho certainly isn’t in the UK I guess a few other foreigners have fled these shores for sunnier homes, non of them will be anywhere near fit and then ask them to play 3 games a week, not going to happen.

it's not like anyone is getting a advantage any top professional should be keeping fit most have home gyms

None of them will be match-fit, like I said earlier players will need a pre-season pretty much to get back after this.

But none of them should be in anyway unfit.

They've got Joe Wicks for starters.

It's 9 games *** I'm sure these overpaid players can do that

It's 9 games *** I'm sure these overpaid players can do that
So Kane comes back having played zero football just running in his garden and rip his hamstring I’m sure they’ll love that

Of course I do agree, they're lazy shits :laugh:

Unfortunately though you're forgetting how ridiculously optimised they need to be because they're all made of glass.

Can you imagine the carnage if players started getting injured all over the place if they weren't ready for games coming thick and fast?

It'd just be another disaster on top of the one we've already got (in football terms, not real life terms).

So Kane comes back having played zero football just running in his garden and rip his hamstring I’m sure they’ll love that

what has playing 9 games have to do with kane pulling a hamstring in his garden lol

what has playing 9 games have to do with kane pulling a hamstring in his garden lol
He trains in his garden then goes straight into competitive football to play 9 games in 4 weeks and rips his hamstring in the first match!! There’s a reason they have pre season a month beforehand.

12 weeks lockdown from now ..... or from the beginning of this week ..... takes us to mid-June doesn’t it ?

I read that part of Watford's ground is being used to help the local hospital. If anyone thinks football is going to back anytime soon they are absolutely deluded. The cancelling of leagues yesterday was a trial run in my opinion. I expect it to be slowly rolled out to the rest of the divisions

Unfortunately I agree with that. The precedent has been set now. Don’t think anyone across the leagues has secured promotion / relegation / league title so having the league expunged from the records seems the most likely outcome.

imo the premier league won't be cancelled just far too gone in the season and too much money involved

Big issue is players contracts at the end of june

But they might also look it it that if there is a chance of running a full season next year that financially it would better to have only one season financially hit rather than two of you try and finish this and then have a half season of whatever nonsense they try and come up with

More to it than money.

Putting aside morals for a moment, I think the main conversation in PL towers will be how to minimise financial impact.

1585311490859.png

The PL is intertwined with all the others if you can’t be promoted from the lower tier you can’t relegate from the tier above and so on. Already I think the people in football are testing the patience of many fans by the way they are acting, it is showing that they are concerned about one thing only, money. Let’s play behind closed doors at all costs, we don’t need fans there, let’s make players play 2/3 games a week regardless of whether the6 want to or not or get injuries, make them sign extensions to their contracts, I get it’s a business but it’s one of the wealthiest as well, no player in the premier league will be hard done to if they are never paid again. They should lead by example.

The PL is intertwined with all the others if you can’t be promoted from the lower tier you can’t relegate from the tier above and so on. Already I think the people in football are testing the patience of many fans by the way they are acting, it is showing that they are concerned about one thing only, money. Let’s play behind closed doors at all costs, we don’t need fans there, let’s make players play 2/3 games a week regardless of whether the6 want to or not or get injuries, make them sign extensions to their contracts, I get it’s a business but it’s one of the wealthiest as well, no player in the premier league will be hard done to if they are never paid again. They should lead by example.

I expected nothing less from the football authorities, TV companies and sponsors etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom