Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
A man has been arrested after a video posted on social media showed a supporter making racist gestures at the Manchester City v Manchester United match at the Etihad Stadium yesterday.

At around 6.55pm on Saturday 7 December 2019 police were called to a report of a supporter making alleged racist gestures and sounds towards players during the Manchester City and Manchester United derby.

A 41-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of a racially aggravated public order and remains in custody for questioning.

Superintendent Chris Hill of the City of Manchester Division said: “I would like to thank the public for their ongoing support with this incident.
“Racism of any kind has no place in football or our society and I hope this arrest shows that we are taking this matter extremely seriously.
“We will continue to work with Manchester City and Manchester United Football clubs on this incident and will investigate any other lines of enquiries.”

Changing the subject to something more positive, but what a fantastic goal from Son yesterday. Skill, pace, power and composure at the end to finish. And such a likeable man to top it all off.

Also loved the gesture by Jose to give take the match ball from him and give it to Troy Parrot who was making his PL debut.

Yes Son's goal was immense. And I think that will put him on the radar for others now. In fact I'm sure he already is.

Oh and I’ve just seen the behaviour of some of the City fans in that bottom corner. Throwing missiles is obviously stupid beyond belief but the knob head doing monkey gestures will be found and hopefully banned for life.
Disgraceful behaviour and the images shown will make it easy for him to be caught.

what a dick.
And with his sort still alive and well and attending football matches .. we need to get are house in order.. and then point the finger at what happens elsewhere .. but first stamp it out here.

Yes Son's goal was immense. And I think that will put him on the radar for others now. In fact I'm sure he already is.

Give his superstar status in Asia, I think he's our most valuable asset, even more than Kane. His market value will go through the roof but I'm hoping he sticks around for a while yet.

I would have had him down to already be on the elite clubs radar.... I know we will be making a cheeky bid come January . :thumbsup:

Give his superstar status in Asia, I think he's our most valuable asset, even more than Kane. His market value will go through the roof but I'm hoping he sticks around for a while yet.

Yeah I was gonna say that too actually, anyone signing him would tap that potential as well.

As per usual I would imagine a lot will depend on Spurs making the CL next season.

And with his sort still alive and well and attending football matches .. we need to get are house in order.. and then point the finger at what happens elsewhere .. but first stamp it out here.

Our house is as close to being in order as it's going to be.

Racist fan. Condemned by everyone associated and arrested and charged within 24 hours. Likely to get a lifetime ban and possible criminal record.

Not sure what else the FA / Police can do.

A8365A2B-90B3-41B6-BC22-87CE8DF04D17.jpeg

Our house is as close to being in order as it's going to be.

Racist fan. Condemned by everyone associated and arrested and charged within 24 hours. Likely to get a lifetime ban and possible criminal record.

Not sure what else the FA / Police can do.
I never said that once pointed out the culprit does not indeed get the full force of actions allowed.. despite those actions these people still populate are grounds .. small numbers maybe but they are still there .. so the deterrent is not working .. and until we have zero tolerance... they will continue to raise there ugly heads when circumstances allow ..
Yesterday it was clear from the off that the 3 sections nearest the MU fans in the camera facing stand were populated by potential trouble. and that was where the objects and the Brain Dead cretin came from... when you are at a match it quickly becomes apparent where the potential flash points are in a ground .. and yesterday it was clear on the tv that , that part of the ground needed extra policing... with Police not stewards.. was it.

Gareth needs to have a word with Vardy about reversing his self imposed retirement from the national side ... as the lad is on Fire (cliche).

Leicester on Fire (cliche2).

Gareth may have a point on this showing in not picking Grealish as he has been anonymous up to now.

Gareth may have a point on this showing in not picking Grealish as he has been anonymous up to now.
My doubts have been answered Grealish scores.

Leicester back in the Champions League is something I didn't think I'd see again. Surely top 4 for them again.

Sounds about as plausible an explanation as that given by the plonker who threw a banana at Aubameyang o_O

What I don't get about this is what the stewards are doing? Like they are right there, literally 2 feet away. Surely they are there to help stop that sort of thing right? And surely they witnessed it. They should have removed those plonkers straight away

Sounds about as plausible an explanation as that given by the plonker who threw a banana at Aubameyang o_O

Not trying to be funny but what is that standing to his right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom