Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see anything other than a Liverpool win. Home advantage, fully fit squad and flying high at the top of the table.
Anything else will be a good result for City.
lol nice mind games, it won't be easy at all for us, City have a massive squad and have enough cover.
Plus we haven't a fully fit squad, Matip is out and would be a starter been our best defender this season.

lol nice mind games, it won't be easy at all for us, City have a massive squad and have enough cover.
Plus we haven't a fully fit squad, Matip is out and would be a starter been our best defender this season.

Not mind games at all, and I never said it would be easy. But as this fixture goes, Liverpool at home should win given the players out for City and current form.

a story about SAF.............

Manchester United’s oldest season ticket holder Alice, aged 93 from Leicester, has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson would send a minibus to Leicester to pick her up and take her to all of United’s matches at Old Trafford.

That’s Manchester to the East Midlands and back again. Every other weekend.

Ferguson’s heartwarming gestures didn’t end there...
When the United manager learned that Alice’s eyesight was failing, and that she had stopped going to Old Trafford as a result, he offered to pay for her to have an operation.

It’s a story that many fans won’t ever have heard of. Fergie could be a fiery manager when he needed to be but he represented Man United with class.

Now if HE’D driven the mini bus, that would be classy........

Yep, totally over-rated. Don't know why anyone ever considered him to be a good midfielder. Have a guess which season he had 3 hamstring injuries. :)

View attachment 1217010

Yep, totally overrated. One standout season going by those stats, not that I use stats to form an opinion on a player.

You summed him up well, when you described him as a good player. He’s nothing more and never will be.

Yep, totally overrated. One standout season going by those stats, not that I use stats to form an opinion on a player.

You summed him up well, when you described him as a good player. He’s nothing more and never will be.

1 standout season and 2 very good seasons. Followed by a series of injuries last season. How good do you want him to be?
I guess his fellow pro's also rate him since they twice voted him Young Player of the Year.

You're barometer for what makes a young midfielder must be very high.

bet he rates Chamberlain higher :D

Alli has scored last 2 prem games he will get 15+ a season if he stays fit and plays behind kane

Last edited:
bet he rates Chamberlain higher :D

Alli has scored last 2 prem games he will get 15+ a season if he stays fit and plays behind kane

Ali was missing in action during the CL final as he was at Anfield a few weeks back.

Not often I agree with Keane or Neville but both had this spot on:

Roy Keane claimed Alli had lost his appetite to improve and had his head turned by off-field interests.

"He's lost that hunger, and when you lose that hunger it's hard to get it back," the Irishman said. "Today he was non-existent and he has been now for a year or two.

"He is a quality player but unless you've got the hunger and desire to go in and train properly and try and improve, and all this off-the-field stuff that I see him getting involved in where he thinks he's a male model of some sort, do me a favour. He needs to start looking in the mirror and wondering why he's lost that hunger and where it's all gone wrong. Take control of your own career."

Keane's former United team-mate Gary Neville added: "I thought they were passive and it was epitomised by one player and that's Dele Alli. (Christian) Eriksen was poor and I expect more from him but Dele Alli, I thought was a young Roy Keane in terms of his mentality when I first started working with him with England.

"(Sunday's display) is an absolute poor version of Dele Alli. He's been like that for 12 months and he's got to sort himself out now because I think a lot of people think a lot of him, and I think a lot of him, but it's not good enough and he's got to get his mentality back. He needs to hear these words. I think he's man enough to take it."

1 standout season and 2 very good seasons. Followed by a series of injuries last season. How good do you want him to be?
I guess his fellow pro's also rate him since they twice voted him Young Player of the Year.

You're barometer for what makes a young midfielder must be very high.

So, he got voted Young Player of the Year twice.

That's almost typical Tottenham - rest on your laurels. If you want to be a 'top' player you have to build on that and put in consistent performances game in game out - like Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes and Lampard did.

He was "non-existant" against Liverpool in the CL final, as he was against them a few weeks back. If you can't influence huge games like that on a regular basis then don't expect fans of other clubs to acknowledge this type of player as anything other than 'good'.

So, he got voted Young Player of the Year twice.

That's almost typical Tottenham - rest on your laurels. If you want to be a 'top' player you have to build on that and put in consistent performances game in game out - like Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes and Lampard did.

He was "non-existant" against Liverpool in the CL final, as he was against them a few weeks back. If you can't influence huge games like that on a regular basis then don't expect fans of other clubs to acknowledge this type of player as anything other than 'good'.
It's all opinions at the end of the day.

You have Bloodzeed saying Gerrard wasn't a great player because he didn't win an EPL (lol) yet Alli is because he won Young player.

FWIW I think Alli is a fantastic player who has lost his way the last few seasons, apparently he was playing online games a lot which didn't help whether that's true or not I don't know. He has also had a few injuries but I do believe he will get back to form whether that's at Tottenham or not I don't know. One thing he has in his side is that he is young so has time to fulfil his potential. Hopefully we won't be comparing him to Lingard in 6 years time and saying he's still young and has time lol.

Last edited:
where did i say Gerrard wasnt a good player?

Guess that’s what everyone insinuated when you asked how many times he’d won the ‘epl’?

its okay many great player have not won the epl

What was @faiz0 going on about with Citeh, Emptihad etc ??

Love how we start very fast in every game
Hazard would have thrived in this team.

Disappointing not be ahead after total dominating this first half.

Love how we start very fast in every game
Hazard would have thrived in this team.

But then you’d be back to being a one man team again?

Team news in and only 1 change from midweek, Aurier for Foyth.
Sanchez and Dier have kept their places, and Lo Celso starts for Eriksen.

I know nothing. :blush:

Edit Davies for Rose as well.

Last edited:
Nah.
In this set up, with the energy of these youngsters, he would find plenty of opportunities but also not have to have all the burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom