Premier League 19/20

realfrankturner

Done an amazing job there when you consider where they were when he took over.

But they have made some very bad choices in the transfer market over last few years, and spent way too much on average players.

Be interesting to see how he does elsewhere.

Panavision

But they have made some very bad choices in the transfer market over last few years, and spent way too much on average players.

Brad Smith
Jordan Ibe
Dominic Solanke
Harry Wilson on loan.

All from Liverpool's recycle bin. :D

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
I always thought Jordan Ibe was tremendous?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Another domestic season comes to a close, European titles still to fight for .... however, as far as domestic titles go, the scores on the doors for 2019/2020 are :

Manchester City 1 (plus charity shield)
Liverpool 1
Arsenal 1

richp007

Distinguished Member
Another domestic season comes to a close, European titles still to fight for .... however, as far as domestic titles go, the scores on the doors for 2019/2020 are :

Manchester City 1 (plus charity shield)
Liverpool 1
Arsenal 1
Nothing for United, Spurs and Chelsea. All a fan can ask for at the start of any season :D

To be fair I didn't envisage Arsenal winning anything this season. So a massive bonus bagging the FA Cup. Deserved it in the end.

They will push for top four next season, but I don't see them back in title contention for a while.
yeah not strong enough for a sustained push against us and City. But I expect them back in the mix for Top 4.

If Aubameyang stays.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
Brad Smith
Jordan Ibe
Dominic Solanke
Harry Wilson on loan.

All from Liverpool's recycle bin. :D
I agree about the first three, but Wilson looks good and I hope we don't sell him.

Jurgen has said something about wanting to play a First XI of locally-sourced players one day and I hope he sticks to that. The youngsters at Chelsea have shown that it's possible to be British and play at the highest level.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member

I had no idea that the Vitality Stadium (what a horrible name) only had a capacity of 11,000!

Five years of PL TV money should mean they've invested in their infrastructure and not just wasted it on expensive players and their equally expensive wages, hopefully.

The parachute payments means all three relegated clubs can afford to mostly keep their squads intact, but I can't see that happening long term if they aren't promoted within 2-3 years.

I'm not sure if it's damaged his reputation, but it must feel shattering considering how much personal affinity he has with the club, and you can't say that about many managers.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
I agree about the first three, but Wilson looks good and I hope we don't sell him.

Jurgen has said something about wanting to play a First XI of locally-sourced players one day and I hope he sticks to that. The youngsters at Chelsea have shown that it's possible to be British and play at the highest level.
You mean all the young British players at Chelsea that are about to be replaced by expensive (ish) foreign imports?

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Are Liverpool playing in the Charity Shield?

Our Year

Distinguished Member
The Community Shield could see Liverpool and Arsenal field kids and fringe players in the traditional Wembley curtain raiser.

Football Association bosses have confirmed the game will go ahead on Saturday, August 29, between the Premier League champions and FA Cup winners.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Defo play the kids I say. At least Jones, Elliott, Williams, and the others on the fringe of the first team squad.

Be a great experience, especially if they won it.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
As already reported ...... I’m on everyone’s ignore list, aren’t I ?