Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, definitely not. Dare one call it the "new normal".

I guess it's simply a case of get used to it, or watch another sport. I won't pretend I'm going to like it, but I was always resigned to it.
The new normal however unpalatable that maybe.. it will be.. the remainder of this season and as long as there is not a 2nd outbreak next also , will be crowd free.. how that works for lower leagues is the real problem.OMO..

The new normal however unpalatable that maybe.. it will be.. the remainder of this season and as long as there is not a 2nd outbreak next also , will be crowd free.. how that works for lower leagues is the real problem.OMO..

Yes, and I hope everyone will keep a keen eye on the plight of the lower leagues. I'm still very worried about the prospects of the smaller clubs without matchday revenue. It's the only thing that keeps some of them afloat.

Italy and Spain have mentioned possibly allowing 20% of home fans back in the stadiums in September.
A quarter in each stand spread out evenly .. could be .. Means Bournemouth will get less than 3'000 .. MU 19'000ISH

Italy and Spain have mentioned possibly allowing 20% of home fans back in the stadiums in September.
Have they said if the season will be starting later than usual or will they be allowing 20% in after a few games of the new season?

If it's after a few games and going by posts in here that won't be fair on the teams that have played some games without fans?

And how will they decide who gets in? They muted that 20k could be let in for the fa cup final at Wembley, 10k from each team, I wonder if club Wembley will be allowed for the corporate hangers on no doubt.

And how will they decide who gets in? They muted that 20k could be let in for the fa cup final at Wembley, 10k from each team, I wonder if club Wembley will be allowed for the corporate hangers on no doubt.
i imagine it will be via a game by game ballot.

FB_IMG_1591012598466.jpg

Premier League clubs can play friendlies in the run up to the new start of the season..

Games have to be within 90 minutes of their own grounds, players have to drive in their own cars wearing the kit they will play in and coaching staff wil officiate the games as referees haven't been tested yet.

Dressing rooms will not be used.

The Premier League have also said anyone who tests positive in the next batch of tests (I'm assuming at the end of the week) will likely miss the opening games as they'll have to self isolate for 14 days.

The Premier League have also said anyone who tests positive in the next batch of tests (I'm assuming at the end of the week) will likely miss the opening games as they'll have to self isolate for 14 days.
so had does that work with track and trace then because the whole team should isolate, according to the government, the virus maynot show up immediately on others.

Just seen this on Facebook, so it looks like the Derby and City games will be at neutral venues and the final game v Newcastle will also be at a neutral ground, I'm assuming that one is at a neutral ground due to it being the last game of the season and them trying to stop fans congregating at Anfield - whether that will work or not remains to be seen.

FB_IMG_1591172536404.jpg

So that looks like Liverpool get to play all their home games but three away games get rescheduled to neutral venues, interesting. That includes probably their toughest two away at City and Everton which were the two games that cost them the title last season.

So that looks like Liverpool get to play all their home games but three away games get rescheduled to neutral venues, interesting. That includes probably their toughest two away at City and Everton which were the two games that cost them the title last season.
I don't understand the point you are making ? It doesn't make any difference this season either way now.

I don't understand the point you are making ? It doesn't make any difference this season either way now.
I thought the Newcastle game was at home and they was moving it so the fans didn't congregate at Anfield, if it's an away game I'm not sure why they've moved it to a neutral venue tbh, seems odd.

Have any other clubs announced their fixtures and which ones are at neutral venues, the picture I put up was off Facebook so I don't even know if it's correct 🤷‍♂️

I read that Wolves and Villa homegrounds won't be affected by any changes, not sure about our away games, although one of those is with Villa, a bit surprised that one hasn't changed, so maybe more news to come..

It was an observation.

Have any other clubs announced their fixtures and which ones are at neutral venues, the picture I put up was off Facebook so I don't even know if it's correct 🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen anything on fixtures for any other clubs and nothing official from the league either.

With no fans in the stadiums home advantage,apart from less travelling is pretty much no longer as important anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom