Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the grand scheme it isn't much but it helps some clubs at least. Generally the big clubs are going to need to do a lot more than that to help though. Still a good gesture from the club

ESPN: The Premier League intend to kick off the restart of club action with Tottenham against Manchester United. The restart date is likely to be the 19th June or 26th June.

ESPN: The Premier League intend to kick off the restart of club action with Tottenham against Manchester United. The restart date is likely to be the 19th June or 26th June.
Does that keep in with the fixture list before lockdown? City bs Arsenal was the first game to be cancelle, so have they changed who is playing first then?

The Man Utd game was Spurs first match to be affected, but like you say it wasn't the first league game to be postponed.
Spurs vs Man Utd was due to be played on Sunday 15th March, but City vs Arsenal was Wednesday 11th.

The Man Utd game was Spurs first match to be affected, but like you say it wasn't the first league game to be postponed.
Spurs vs Man Utd was due to be played on Sunday 15th March, but City vs Arsenal was Wednesday 11th.

does it really matter anymore which order the games are now played.

hardly make much more of an impact considering the changes already being taken

does it really matter anymore which order the games are now played.

hardly make much more of an impact considering the changes already being taken

It doesn't bother me either way, I was just replying to maverick who asked if the rumoured starting fixture was in keeping with the fixture list.

ITV now - enjoy everyone !!

* not quite as good as Aguero but still super !!

ITV now - enjoy everyone !!

* not quite as good as Aguero but still super !!

Remember it well. I was with my mate who's a Liverpool fan in a bar and he took a £10 bet on with an Arsenal fan. As the neutral, I held the money. When Thomas scored the winner the pub went berserk and me and my mate legged it. The Arsenal lad paid for our taxi home :D

Fixtures announced June 13th - 9am.

The season will begin on Friday August 9th and will end on Sunday May 17th
I think you need to edit your post Andy - the first one of this thread.

:)

Not sure money should be more of a reason than the UN special rapporteur concluding the Saudi state is likely to be behind the murder of a journalist but there you go with football administrators. Guess we'll have to wait and see what decision is taken

Won’t make a difference to City as we don’t tackle :clap:

You jest, but you aren't wrong

You should practice tackling rather than tactical fouls 😜
One mans tactical foul is another mans taking one for the team

Premier League is set to tell clubs that the 2020-21 season must start by the weekend of September 12-13 during a shareholders' meeting on Thursday.

Not much rest euros when that season ends and a world cup the following season!

You jest, but you aren't wrong
Yep - let’s have a look at the total fouls per team for the last season shall we ?

Tactical fouls. A sky promoted nonsense

Total fouls wouldn't tell you much. Especially if a team had more possession than most. Would be more interesting to see how many fouls were made per minute of non possession or how many were committed just after losing possession.

Yep - let’s have a look at the total fouls per team for the last season shall we ?

Tactical fouls. A sky promoted nonsense

The Italians were doing it long before Sky. It's not a new concept.
Plenty of teams do it, but successful teams always seem to be better at it.

I think it’s amazing that people attribute some of our success to ‘tactical fouling’.

One man taking one for the team isn't tactical fouling. 5 or 6 different players breaking up play in areas high up the pitch is.
That’s a good thing surely ?

It's like all the dark arts, if your team is good at it there's no problem.

Real Madrid fans wouldn't have it any other way.
It is rather absurd to say that a team winning trophies are good at the dark arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom