Premier League 19/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea that I’ve been reading about a camp in the Midlands / London and play all the games within a month is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read.

Anything like that is not the premier league imho, it would be like a separate competition to appease TV companies and would feel like looking in on a school tournament or something. While I'd love to see football going again, it needs to be when players are match fit and fans are safe to attend. We're not talking about a weekend or two to finish the season, there's a quarter of the season left to be played, the business end where longer term strategies and squad stamina play out, whatever happens, that dynamic is now lost.

Totally agree. There seems a total focus on completing the league. What about the 8 teams left in the FA Cup? And the Champions League? Europa League?

For some strange reason, these competitions seem dispensable yet the PL has to be finished. Why is that do you think?

Going to be interesting come the 1st June, players contracts up and agents who have nothing else to do at the moment will already be negotiating. I don’t think I’ll see Sane ever play for City again and he could end up going for free, if next season doesnt start that’s £100 million gone, unless of course Munich have lost a lot of money and FFP is binned and they allow owners to put cash in, the Sheikh will just reach down the back of the sofa. David Silva has probably played his last game as well if they void the season.

Totally agree. There seems a total focus on completing the league. What about the 8 teams left in the FA Cup? And the Champions League? Europa League?

For some strange reason, these competitions seem dispensable yet the PL has to be finished. Why is that do you think?
And yet the FA cup would actually be easier to finish.

The thought of David Silva leaving without saying goodbye has just made me fill up.

It's obvious football won't be played for the foreseeable future. If the season can't be restarted by the end of June (not finished), then there's little hope of the 20/21 season being able to start.

With so much uncertainty and being in a situation we've never experienced before, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 1-2 years before football returns to some form of normality and a proper season can start. I'm doubtful over the Euros taking place next summer while there's no vaccine. Even when it does all get going again, they'll be many people wary of crowds.

I'm gutted about Liverpool, they seem destined not to win the league. But football has firmly taken a backseat in my thoughts. I'll be thankful to still have a job after all this. A lot of things in life will be different now on. All we can do for now is wait and hope we get a grip on the virus.

As a fan who knows something about football, you really should understand why finishing all the leagues is more important than finishing any of the cups.

As a fan who knows something about football, you really should understand why finishing all the leagues is more important than finishing any of the cups.
I know the reason. More of a hypothesis really.

its_a_conspiracy (1).jpg

It's certainly beginning to feel like other fans are starting to look like that guy :laugh:

It's all about money when it's said and done, nothing else. Who wins what is irrelevant in the scheme of it.

Far bigger things to worry about of course, but for the governing bodies etc. the game is their only concern.

It's certainly beginning to feel like other fans are starting to look like that guy :laugh:

It's all about money when it's said and done, nothing else. Who wins what is irrelevant in the scheme of it.

Far bigger things to worry about of course, but for the governing bodies etc. the game is their only concern.
Looks that way doesn't it.

I don't care if we get the trophy, I've got more important things going on than caring about adding another trophy to the history of my club.

What I will say is I can't understand why people want to end a season that is almost completed just to begin another one.

If we can't complete a season already started how can another one begin??

It's clear to anyone who knows about football why it would be easier to finish the league over the European competitions where clubs have to go abroad to play the games.

I wonder if City were in the position Liverpool currently hold would there be such a clamour from the scouse contingent to finish this season.

I can understand their view, but I find it equally pathetic given the circumstances.

I wonder if City were in the position Liverpool currently hold would there be such a clamour from the scouse contingent to finish this season.

I can understand their view, but I find it equally pathetic given the circumstances.
Almost as pathetic as all the fans of the clubs not top of the league saying not to finish the season and claiming all the Liverpool fans want to finish it for selfish reasons alone.

It seems everyone has an agenda and reason to not finish / finish the season.

A lot of the non league pyramid have now decided to expunge the league records and start again when safe to do so. Not sure why the PL doesn’t want to follow suit?

There’s 92 premier league fixtures to go isn’t there? 7 FA Cup games left ........ so why don’t we sack the league and finish with the FA Cup final at Wembley? Then all focus on the next season starting on time.

Almost as pathetic as all the fans of the clubs not top of the league saying not to finish the season and claiming all the Liverpool fans want to finish it for selfish reasons alone.

So you and @richp007 would be pushing for the season to be completed regardless of who was leading?

Yeah it's getting tedious, and I'm disappointed to see it getting mentioned so much on here too. Pretty sure most of the fans here have acknowledged in the last month there's far more at stake than just Liverpool winning the league.

A lot of the non league pyramid have now decided to expunge the league records and start again when safe to do so. Not sure why the PL doesn’t want to follow suit?

You keep asking these questions you know the answer to.

The PL is worlds apart from the rest of the league. It doesn't give a shit what the rest do, nor what happens to them.

It has a knock on effect though surely? If nobody gets promoted from the non league ... and so on.

So you and @richp007 would be pushing for the season to be completed regardless of who was leading?

Yep. And quite sure everyone else thinks the same too. I'm sure this has all been said before over the last however many pages.

Yep. And quite sure everyone else thinks the same too. I'm sure this has all been said before over the last however many pages.
Everybody thinks the league should be completed??

I've barely contributed to the thread in recent weeks, but I have been reading the comments and that's not the conclusion I would draw.

And am I not allowed to ask questions to encourage a debate and source opinions? Maybe some people haven’t thought about certain things.

post on here and you get jumped on by Liverpool fans saying we must complete the league no matter what !!!!!

An unprecedented situation will see the PL have to make some very tough decisions.

as for the FA cup and Champions League - they can be finished too with some kind of solution but the clamour doesn’t appear as great. Newcastle are in the quarter final for the first time in how long? Chance to go to Wembley?

It has a knock on effect though surely? If nobody gets promoted from the non league ... and so on.

Yep and the PL will just isolate itself in a little bubble. Only knock-on effect is to do with relegation. But if no-one gets relegated then no-one gets promoted. It won't mean a thing to the PL not bringing up a few Championship clubs.

The PL is a separate entity to the FL. A totally different balance of power. As long as it stays in business, it won't be affected by decisions made below it.

Anyway the most important thing is David Silva has to come back and complete the next season 20/21 as this won’t will be wiped from the history books and that can’t be the way leaves! Can it?

* apologies for asking another question

Yes I would as it's about all 20 clubs not just Liverpool, whether you believe that or that is your choice. I've only seen one person on here saying it's about Liverpool getting the trophy and that's TwoJs who has been pretty vocal on the matter.

I've got more important things going on than football right now. My mother has the virus and my mother in law is in a hospital at the other end of the County because people don't listen and think they can still go out and put a strain on the local hospital. She cannot have visitors for obvious reasons and it's a daily worry as to whether she will even come out of the hospital or not. I also have my father in law who can't have visitors and is missing his wife.

I also have a wife that has to self isolate for 12 weeks so like I said I couldn't give a toss if Liverpool get a league trophy or not tbh.....

Yep and the PL will just isolate itself in a little bubble. Only knock-on effect is to do with relegation. But if no-one gets relegated then no-one gets promoted. It won't mean a thing to the PL not bringing up a few Championship clubs.

The PL is a separate entity to the FL. A totally different balance of power. As long as it stays in business, it won't be affected by decisions made below it.
Ah that’s fine then. The main problem with the PL and a lot of it’s supporters is that it doesn’t realise the strength and history of the footballing world below it in England. We are unique in that respect and everything should be done to preserve it. What affects Manchester City affects Macclesfield Town and so on.

In 1998 it did anyway !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom