Quantcast

Premier League 19/20

richp007

Distinguished Member
There won't be a vaccine for 12 months, and I guarantee football won't wait that long! There'll be no clubs left.

I agree though, things will just continue where we left off.

Sebastalona

Distinguished Member

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member

Lovely stuff from City. Was also used after the Manchester Arena terrorist attack.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Possibly. Listening to the experts today that we will be returning to normal in around 3-6 months. With this latest news I don’t think the Premier League have any choice now in terms of cancelling the 19/20 season.

alan280170

Distinguished Member

Lovely stuff from City. Was also used after the Manchester Arena terrorist attack.
Plymouth are giving theirs for the NHS.

Possibly. Listening to the experts today that we will be returning to normal in around 3-6 months. With this latest news I don’t think the Premier League have any choice now in terms of cancelling the 19/20 season.
I believe the season will finish, if not Sky, BT and other various sponsors will be looking for money from the PL. Then the new season will start sans the LC and maybe the FA Cup to free up more dates to get the 20/21 season finished on time. That’s what I’d do, it’s the path of least resistance.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
The FA and the PL are separate entities though. The price of cancelling the league Cup and the FA Cup will be a huge price to pay for lower league clubs, and for what? To make sure the PL don't have to pay out some money? Boo fudgeing hoo

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Then the new season will start sans the LC and maybe the FA Cup to free up more dates to get the 20/21 season finished on time. That’s what I’d do, it’s the path of least resistance.
The FA give up their flagship competition in order to satisfy the PL? Not sure that will happen.

I’m sure the PL can absorb the cost of having to abandon the season, everyone is having to make difficult decisions.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
The FA and the PL are separate entities though. The price of cancelling the league Cup and the FA Cup will be a huge price to pay for lower league clubs, and for what? To make sure the PL don't have to pay out some money? Boo fudgeing hoo
Figures I have saw and are an estimate between 250m -500m between 20 teams isn’t chump change.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
£25m each? That’s nothing.

jason g

Distinguished Member
apart from front line jobs i cannot see the country even moving on until long after that unless a vaccine is found, otherwise it would take a few people to just start off another pandemic again.

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
What did clubs do during the war ? The fans will return so gate receipts will be there when the football restarts. Most backroom staff can apply for the salary scheme and hopefully make ends meet. Perhaps the main issue here would be ground and stadium maintenance costs.

jason g

Distinguished Member
What did clubs do during the war ? The fans will return so gate receipts will be there when the football restarts. Most backroom staff can apply for the salary scheme and hopefully make ends meet. Perhaps the main issue here would be ground and stadium maintenance costs.
during the war that generation had willpower, strength, and determination, the snowflake generation we have today start crying if the internet goes down for an hour.

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
During ww1 it continued in a restricted sense, I think it was only postponed during ww2

Anyway, people need to stop second guessing what might happen. If anyone in charge of league football has any sense then they wait until thing settle. That’s when decision should be made, not now while we are still smack in the middle of it

if by some miracle we are done by June then see if we can finish. More likely though that it’s six months plus before we start getting to anything near normality.

Personally I don’t see football being back until close to the end of the year, too late to start a new season so finish this one if we can

regardless, wait until we know where we are, right now we have far bigger things to worry about. Whatever happens, the moment we see another football being kicked in a league match will be immense because it will mean we are through the worst of it. Whether that means a continuation or a new season I couldn’t give a monkeys, all I will care about is that it’s back and we got through it all!!!

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
during the war that generation had willpower, strength, and determination, the snowflake generation we have today start crying if the internet goes down for an hour.
We all survive with what we have, nowadays we have the internet and I’m glad of it as its been a godsend to my daughter keeping in touch with we friends.

I don’t see many “snowflakes” currently, I see people coming together and the internet being a massive part of that.

Here's what I think should happen:

Have 1 friendly match behind closed doors, if nothing bad happens, then do it again, if the same thing happens, then resume the football season.

If that can't happen, then reset the season.

maverick177uk

Distinguished Member
Here's what I think should happen:

Have 1 friendly match behind closed doors, if nothing bad happens, then do it again, if the same thing happens, then resume the football season.

If that can't happen, then reset the season.
I offer Liverpool and man united to play that game then, let’s see if they are up for getting infected, :D lockdown will go on until at least June, no one is going to be fit to play. Even if they could play in front of crowds I still think people are going to be wary for a long time, I’d wager that no massive events will be allowed until a vaccine is found.

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
The idea that I’ve been reading about a camp in the Midlands / London and play all the games within a month is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read.